[F] "Google Images: Direct Links" filter update
Apr. 27, 2011, 06:06 AM
RE: "Google Images: Direct Links" filter update
I added the exceptions and web filters, overwriting the old code.
The result is not changed much. The thumbs are still the new style without the info unless you hover the mouse over it, and the page of thumbs is still long, adding more as you scroll down. There seems to be no direct image link. Hover produces the slightly enlarged thumbnail and info. Clicking on it goes to the page where the image is superimposed over a darkened view of the site. At that point it displayed an error: "Sorry, but I need ssleay32.dll to do this"
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 27, 2011, 01:48 PM
(Apr. 27, 2011 06:06 AM)zoltan Wrote:  I added the exceptions and web filters, overwriting the old code.
The result is not changed much. The thumbs are still the new style without the info unless you hover the mouse over it, and the page of thumbs is still long, adding more as you scroll down. There seems to be no direct image link. Hover produces the slightly enlarged thumbnail and info. Clicking on it goes to the page where the image is superimposed over a darkened view of the site. At that point it displayed an error: "Sorry, but I need ssleay32.dll to do this"

Could I get a copy of dbug source?
Looks like incorrect URL matches. You did disable the old filters and exceptions?
Apr. 27, 2011, 07:53 PM
The old code was replaced with the new in notepad > save > reload lists > clear cache
To get the dbug source it was necessary to use the log window because the menu isn't showing up (it does on some sites though)
But the dbug source is monochrome text that looks like gibberish (like an .exe would look in a text editor). Screen cap attached. The log entry is very short - also attached.

Something beyond filters must be causing this. I'm wondering if there's a similar install issue again. I had downloaded a new copy of sidki's config to be sure that no changes I've made were causing trouble, so I don't see how folder names would be a problem. I just added the .exe (and bypass list so that it wouldn't show load errors)

Attached File(s)
.gif  dbug.gif (Size: 28.1 KB / Downloads: 665)
.txt  proxlog.txt (Size: 3.38 KB / Downloads: 635)
Apr. 27, 2011, 08:41 PM
(Apr. 27, 2011 07:53 PM)zoltan Wrote:  To get the dbug source it was necessary to use the log window because the menu isn't showing up (it does on some sites though)

or add ?prx-command=dbug.. to the end of the address.

(Apr. 27, 2011 07:53 PM)zoltan Wrote:  But the dbug source is monochrome text that looks like gibberish (like an .exe would look in a text editor). Screen cap attached. The log entry is very short - also attached.

Something beyond filters must be causing this. I'm wondering if there's a similar install issue again.

The Proxomitron exe folder should contain a file named zlib.dll? I think the gibberish is zipped html. Restart the Proxomitron after adding the dll.
http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1712

HTH
Apr. 27, 2011, 11:25 PM
(Apr. 27, 2011 08:41 PM)JJoe Wrote:  The Proxomitron exe folder should contain a file named zlib.dll? I think the gibberish is zipped html. Restart the Proxomitron after adding the dll.
http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1712

This is zlib version 1.25 and the same thing occurs on Windows 98 using it. Gibberish in dbug mode and no menu at google. However, there is no problem with version 1.2.3 available here: proxomitron.info.
Apr. 27, 2011, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 27, 2011 11:44 PM by zoltan.)
That did it. Added the updated zlib.dll. I had been using 1.1.4 from 2002.
It's working fine now, even in the custom config.

Thanks much for the filter update. Thumbs Up I wish Google would leave things alone.

Some questions:

I noticed that "Google Books/Groups: Remove Ad Blocks" was not included in the above code. I just moved it down in the filter list, but is it no longer relevant?

Do the Google Alternate Display filters need to be active for Google images or any other Google functionality other than the customized look of web search results?

Are zlib.dll and proxomitron.exe the only necessary additions to sidki's config download?
I've been copying over several files with config updates, such as: ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, certs.pem, msvcr70.dll, proxcert.pem
And lists such as: AllowCookies, Bypass List, Keyword list, Kill Images, MIME fix list, URL Alias List, URL Killfile

If they're not used anymore I'll just get rid of them. But Bypass is surely still relavant. I just can't figure out why it's not with the other lists.
Apr. 28, 2011, 03:07 AM
(Apr. 27, 2011 11:25 PM)dave Wrote:  However, there is no problem with version 1.2.3 available here: proxomitron.info.

Added note to other thread, thanks. My working 98 machines are loaned out.

(Apr. 27, 2011 11:42 PM)zoltan Wrote:  That did it. Added the updated zlib.dll. I had been using 1.1.4 from 2002.
It's working fine now, even in the custom config.

This I did not know, however... I'll investigate later.

(Apr. 27, 2011 11:42 PM)zoltan Wrote:  I noticed that "Google Books/Groups: Remove Ad Blocks" was not included in the above code. I just moved it down in the filter list, but is it no longer relevant?

It didn't need to be modified to accommodate Google's changes. I don't know if it is still relevant. Try to maintain sidki's order.

(Apr. 27, 2011 11:42 PM)zoltan Wrote:  Do the Google Alternate Display filters need to be active for Google images or any other Google functionality other than the customized look of web search results?

I don't think so. Let me know otherwise.

(Apr. 27, 2011 11:42 PM)zoltan Wrote:  Are zlib.dll and proxomitron.exe the only necessary additions to sidki's config download?
I've been copying over several files with config updates, such as: ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, certs.pem, msvcr70.dll, proxcert.pem
And lists such as: AllowCookies, Bypass List, Keyword list, Kill Images, MIME fix list, URL Alias List, URL Killfile

If they're not used anymore I'll just get rid of them. But Bypass is surely still relavant. I just can't figure out why it's not with the other lists.

zlib is required for compressed files. ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, certs.pem, msvcr70.dll, proxcert.pem are if needed.
Sidki's set uses the distribution's "Bypass List.txt" and "AllowCookies.txt".

Ah, are you unzipping sidki's and adding "required" files to it? Don't forget the "html" folder.

And "help" and "Docs" Wink

It is easier to help when the install is as expected.
Apr. 28, 2011, 04:41 AM
I may have been unclear. I meant that the newest zlib.dll 1.2.5, is working.

The sidki config that I downloaded already had an html folder in it.

For this latest test, I did unzip sidki's and added the exe, 2 lists, and later the zlib. I've never known what's considered best procedure though. Normally I make a complete copy of the one I'm currently using and move the new files and lists in one by one, using a file compare program for each so that I can keep the customizations I've made. It's a tedious slow process, but I don't know of any better way to do it.

I've decided to keep a separate complete set of folders with sidki's pure config so that I can refer to its performance when discussing things here. I think there are just too many potential conflicts to rule out in the custom config.
May. 09, 2011, 10:59 AM
is there a way to enable the on click preview with dark gray theme?
May. 10, 2011, 01:15 AM
(May. 09, 2011 10:59 AM)sh8an Wrote:  is there a way to enable the on click preview with dark gray theme?

Google Instant Previews?
I don't think all browsers are eligible, http://sites.google.com/site/webmasterhe...t-previews ,
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/b...views.html .
I don't see it in IE8 or ChromePlus 1.5.1.1, regardless of theme.

Faking an eligible user-agent while using an ineligible browser might be a quick compatibility test.
May. 10, 2011, 04:39 PM
(May. 10, 2011 01:15 AM)JJoe Wrote:  I don't see it in IE8 or ChromePlus 1.5.1.1, regardless of theme.

Faking an eligible user-agent while using an ineligible browser might be a quick compatibility test.

that is very strange actually, because it works with maxthon2|3, ie8 and chromeplus 1.6.1 in my case with bypass-all or direct connection. it takes time to load up and once the spyglass icon is there if the result row is clicked you get a preview on the right.
May. 10, 2011, 06:11 PM
(May. 10, 2011 04:39 PM)sh8an Wrote:  that is very strange actually,

Not really, I thought one theme worked for you and not another.

Quote:is there a way to enable the on click preview with dark gray theme?

I knew that, in the past, not all browsers were supported and looked no further.

Apparently. the Google Instant Previews feature requires some information in the User-Agent that the set removes. Specifically, the rendering/layout engine.
For my IE8, "Trident/4.0".
For my ChromePlus, "Chrome/8.0.552.215".

To test, I modified User-Agents.ptxt

Code:
## If MSIE:
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mozilla/4.0(^$TST(keyword=*.f_ua_(^[a-z]++ie)*)) \(compatible; MSIE(^ 5.01)\2;
  $SET(1=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE\2; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0))

## If Firefox, SeaMonkey, Chrome, Safari:
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mozilla/5.0(^$TST(keyword=*.f_ua_(^[a-z]++moz)*))(*(; rv:*Gecko/[#*:*]
  ( Firefox/[#*:*].[#*:*]$SET(3=.9.9)|)|\)
  (*\s(Gecko/[#*:*]|AppleWebKit/(*.)+{1}$SET(3=99))|))\2
  [0-9.]+( $NEST(\(,*gecko*,\))|)\4|$SET(2=\)))
  $SET(1=Mozilla/5.0 \(Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US\2\3\4; Chrome/8.0.552.215)

Question is what do we want to send and why?
May. 11, 2011, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: May. 11, 2011 10:34 AM by sh8an.)
thanks it works.
the theme gets slightly screwed though.

upd.
if you do a search in the same window pressing the search button theme gets even more damaged Smile!
Aug. 14, 2011, 07:37 AM
RE: [F] "Google Images: Direct Links" filter update
Not a serious problem, but the Direct Links filter is no longer working on the "Searches related to" links at the bottom of the results page. For example, a search for "kenny" shows a proper results page but the link at bottom to "kenny south park" does not.

And in an unrelated issue, I've also caused the filter to fail by doing some cosmetic alterations to the advanced search page. Google changed it this week and added enough items that they won't fit on one laptop-size page, so I've used 3 filters to snip out unneeded items. The 2 below break the Direct links filter, although I don't see any reason why they should.

Code:
Name = "google image usage rights                 8-13-11"
Active = TRUE
URL = "www.google.com/advanced_image_search"
Limit = 2276
Match = "<h3 style="margin-top:1em">Need*Modification</label>"
Replace = "<table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 width=100%><tr><td class="label aisf_multiline">"

Name = "google image no typing box               8-13-11"
Active = TRUE
URL = "www.google.com/advanced_image_search"
Limit = 200
Match = "<div class=qbuilder-env id=qbuilder style="display:none"><div id=gen-query></div>"
        "</div>"

I realize the 2nd issue isn't likely within the filter's intended scope, but I was hoping that the fix might be similar and would like to learn how to modify this filter whenever changes like these break it.
Aug. 14, 2011, 08:01 AM
RE: [F] "Google Images: Direct Links" filter update
This might help. These are the URL requests for each circumstance.

search from bottom links on results page:
Code:
www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&imgar=&imgtype=&cr=&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=861&gbv=1&q=kenny%20south%20park&ct=broad-revision&cd=2&ie=UTF-8&sa=X

normal advanced image search with no added filters:
Code:
www.google.com/search?q=kenny&tbm=isch&hl=en&imgsz=&imgar=&imgtype=&imgsrc=&imgc=&imgcc=&cr=&safe=off

advanced image search with the above filters active:
Code:
www.google.com/search?as_st=y&imgcolor=&as_rights=&tbm=isch&hl=en&as_q=kenny&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&imgsz=&imgw=&imgh=&imgar=&imgtype=&imgsrc=&as_sitesearch=&imgc=&as_filetype=&cr=&safe=off&btnG=Search+images