Confused
Jul. 04, 2009, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: Jul. 04, 2009 12:30 PM by ardarby.)
Confused
I'm running Naoko 4.5 Config -- Sidki 2009-02-13, updated with the "update.zip" on Vista Ultimate x64 and IE8

I have many of my regular news sites in my "Bypass List", but when I visit them, the Flash videos don't work.

If I <tick> [BYPASS FILTERS] and refresh the screen they work. I can then <untick> [BYPASS FILTERS] and they continue to work for as long as I'm on the site.

Would somebody please point me to the "fix" for this, so I'm not continually <ticking> [BYPASS FILTERS]?

TIA

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 04, 2009, 02:23 PM
RE: Confused
more often than not, Flash videos "rely on" a .js file that is NOT from the same site...

if "bypassing" is the route you wish to take (which i wouldn't suggest, actually), then you should be bypassing the site that is serving that .js file...
Jul. 04, 2009, 09:09 PM
ProxRox Cool

Thanks for your response.

Sadly, my Proxo skills are limited, may I ask, if not [Bypass List], how else would I nominate a site to be allowed a Proxo free go?

I take your point about where the .js file is hosted, but that means studying the source of each site to determine where the host is. Is there not an "easier / more elegant" way to achieve the same?

TIA

Al
Jul. 04, 2009, 09:41 PM
you can view the "what's Proxo thinking" page to see where the .js is coming from...

me, i'd rather find the filter causing the problem before going into bypass mode... surfing with Proxo being bypassed is like running down the street naked Big Teeth
Jul. 05, 2009, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: Jul. 05, 2009 03:24 AM by ardarby.)
I tried looking for the filter, but could see nothing that mentioned "Flash". There are heaps of .js ones, but which one(s) to <untick / tick>, or do I just work on a process of elimination (which doesn't seem all that brilliant)?

I may have found it, I've <unticked> "Content-Type: 6a Block Ad Scripts 8.01.17 [sd] (d.2 l.3) (In)" and they seem to be working. Also removed site from bypass list.

I don't like "bypassing" either, but sometimes it's easier than the alternative, especially with sites you know well.

BTW, where do I find the "what's Proxo thinking" page?

Al
Jul. 05, 2009, 03:45 AM
if you right-click the Proxo systray icon, do you see a "URL History & Status" entry? Or something similar?

click that... then the "Recent URLs" link... - http://local.ptron/.pinfo/urls/
Jul. 05, 2009, 06:21 AM
Got it thanks, it's under [. . . >] - [Open pinfo]

Al
Sep. 07, 2009, 12:08 PM
Hiya. New Proxomitron user here, using Sidki's latest config file, just feeling my way around at this point. Reading this thread, if I right-click the systray Proxomitron icon, I get a context menu, but no listing there for "URL History & Status" entry, nor for anything that leads to [open pinfo]. Just the options to enable Web, in & out Header filters, freeze GIFs, Bypass, use remote proxy, open log window, load config file, two blockfile entries.
Could someone clue me in as to why I would be missing the entries mentioned in the previous posts here?
Thanks so much....

"I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown." - Woody Allen
Sep. 07, 2009, 02:49 PM
(Sep. 07, 2009 12:08 PM)ral77 Wrote:  Could someone clue me in as to why I would be missing the entries mentioned in the previous posts here?
Thanks so much....

They have modified the Proxomitron's resource files.
Maybe
http://mizzmona.com/proxomitron/gui/
or
http://www.geocities.com/sidki3003/prox-gui.html

I've always used bookmarks or
"Proxy Information" under "Help" on the Proxomitron's main dialog.

HTH
Sep. 09, 2009, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: Sep. 09, 2009 08:05 PM by ral77.)
First off, sorry if this note isn't in the most appropriate thread, it's vaguely related, I believe (and, umm, yeah... the thread *is* titled "Confused", which is totally appropriate at the moment Sad ).

I'm totally puzzled, trying to (A)find the elusive Proxo icon that people say will pop up if I left-click any web page while Proxo is running, and (B)trying to access the "URL History and List Status" page.

I had already applied Sidki's GUI, from geocities.com/sidki3003/prox-gui.html. I followed Joe's tip to install Sidki's patch (thank ya kindly for that, Joe, dunno how I had missed that), and I can tell that the patch "took" -- new systray icon, and more entries in the context menu when I click on it. So now I should be "good to go", right??

However.... left-clicking on a web page still does NOT make the Proxo icon appear anywhere, with access to more menu choices. From the info that Joe passed my way, I was thinking it would do that, after I had applied Sidki's patch. Joe mentioned in his reply to my inquiry (different thread, eeek, sorry) that the icon would pop up "if the feature is enabled". Is there a setting in the configs somewhere that needs to be set to "enable" this? I've looked, and don't find anything...

Also, when I access the "More>> URL History and List Status" option via the context menu of the systray icon, I get a browser page that says "Cannot find server - Local.ptron/.pinfo/". I suspect that isn't the usual intended result of that menu choice. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that I can't get the URL History and List Status to appear??.

I have my browsers set up to use proxy address of "localhost", port 8080 for HTTP and SSL, and in the "Exceptions" text box there, I am leaving the entry of "localhost" right there as it is by default, where it says "Do not use the proxy for addresses beginning with: _______". Is that correct??

Thanks so much for any assistance here. Slow but steady will hopefully get me up and running right...

"I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown." - Woody Allen
Sep. 09, 2009, 09:17 PM
(Sep. 09, 2009 07:45 PM)ral77 Wrote:  Also, when I access the "More>> URL History and List Status" option via the context menu of the systray icon, I get a browser page that says "Cannot find server - Local.ptron/.pinfo/".

Have you set your browser to use a proxy on port 8080 for http?

http://proxomitron.info/45/help/Installation.html
Sep. 09, 2009, 10:33 PM
(Sep. 09, 2009 07:45 PM)ral77 Wrote:  I have my browsers set up to use proxy address of "localhost", port 8080 for HTTP and SSL, and in the "Exceptions" text box there, I am leaving the entry of "localhost" right there as it is by default, where it says "Do not use the proxy for addresses beginning with: _______". Is that correct??

I hope you added this after I posted...

Anyway,
which operating system, browser, and ISP (AOL?) are you using?
Sep. 09, 2009, 10:41 PM
Ah! I had the ports set to 8080, but had not typed in "localhost" in the space to put the address of the proxy to use. Oops... D'oh!

I'm getting the URL History now, phew! Thumbs Up

Thanks so much for your assistance, Joe!

Now if I can just figure out how to get the menu/list to materialize from the mythical Proxo icon when I click a web page, I'll feel like I'm almost ready to graduate from Proxo kindergarten....

Sep. 09, 2009, 11:02 PM
Smile!

Have fun
Sep. 10, 2009, 05:22 AM
(Sep. 09, 2009 10:41 PM)ral77 Wrote:  Now if I can just figure out how to get the menu/list to materialize from the mythical Proxo icon when I click a web page, I'll feel like I'm almost ready to graduate from Proxo kindergarten....

Did you find the menu?

Typically the Proxomitron begins with the default cfg.
You may need to load the Sidki cfg.

The tray icon's right click menu should have a 'Load Config File' option.