VISTA and remote proxcy Will nor run
Jul. 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
VISTA and remote proxcy Will nor run
hi all to keep this short i am using vista ultimate and proxco its works almost 100% but i cant run it in use a remote proxy ,on all my XP and before it i can ,little info i use a dslmodem Dlink 2000 USB and all is good -
but as this vita would not load the drivers i have a router (ADSL GATEWAY -G wireless .but no networking ,just for the one PC ..
is there any way i can get it to work ,using the remote proxy ?
Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 16, 2007, 08:13 PM
RE: VISTA and remote proxcy Will nor run
What is your setup?

Is your internet browser set to use 127.0.0.1:8080 as its HTTP proxy, and are you trying to use a remote proxy via Proxomitron?

Thanks Smile!
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 17, 2007, 03:29 AM
RE: VISTA and remote proxy Will nor run
Thanks for the fast reply yes i have it set as localhost port 8080 and always have been able to use proxomintron using the tick on box (use a remote proxy) with what ever added proxy ip ,since the post above i have reinstall proxco fresh ,not a problem ,all of the filters work fine as shown in-the log its when i try to use proxco with the remote checked on i get a exception loop back error pop up by the OS ..
may i also say that since Winn 98 on wards ,all i had to do is copy the whole directory to a new OS on the c:\drive and just point it to my desk top .losing nothing in running the program i Just dont want to use any ather as my proxcy filter .
agian thanks for the reply .
Jul. 17, 2007, 04:01 AM
I've used some HTTP Proxies before (through Proxomitron's Remote Proxy settings), and I've run into quite a few that caused an error, like you stated.

My tip is just to keep trying, and you'll find a proxy that works.

A good site:

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/
Jul. 18, 2007, 03:08 AM
I understand what you are saying ,here is the problem. its not showing on the page (browser) when trying to
link to a proxcy (172.0.0.1- i use zone alarm that put it in ether trusted or internett) . win fire wall disabled.One can change to ether. trusted or internett ,if i use the proxcys on my Xp pc .Works fine if i try to use Vista get a blank screen. turn off the check box Use a remote proxcy, like now as i type works fine all filters are doning there thing,the proxcy"s i use seem to link as i look at the log window But i get a blank page . fials to show any thing on the page ..
exploror says its linking to 127.0.0.1 ,but get nothing ,run a check and vista tells me no problems with the browser ,ok what im asking is this, perhaps proxco cant run on Vista Using its Remote Setting.as its not compatable with the new OS ? Not that it Matters That Mutch as i use XP any how For Now (95%) of the time ,Browsing wize. it would Be nice to have it Working at 100% like i siad I know nothing els that any where near as good as proxco ,and would use nothing els to brows the web
Now also wondering perhaps use a ather Browser ? may be the Go ,i Dont know ? what your thinking .
many thanks
Jul. 18, 2007, 03:52 AM
Yeah, it does sound like it's a problem with Vista. I wonder if any other Vista users can confirm that the Remote Proxy option in Proxomitron does not work?

Perhaps you can try using Mozilla Firefox and let us know if it works:

http://www.getfirefox.com/

I doubt it'll work though; sounds like a compatibility issue between Vista and Proxomitron Confused

Thanks for posting Wink
Jul. 20, 2007, 04:48 AM
Thanks agian ,First of all Are you the gent thant made the filters ? for proxco,i tell you this
its a big thank you from ME to you i have been using them from the very first 98 and added the ugrades over time i have Most i could find(filter sets) Thy have save me time and time over from many explotes, and thy filter like Nothing ather i know of .like i siad i would never brows the nett with out proxco and your filters ,also never had a problem running, untill Now with this New OS .When ever i changed to a upgraded OS all i done is copy the whole of proxco ,to the new os (c:\drive) and away we went ..I do use a lot of proxcys to stay Sort of hidden ,but run into this problem with vista thats why i posted as a Guest By the way mane name is Jonh from australia ...any thank you for your time ....
Jul. 27, 2007, 12:05 AM
Vista does not permit "writing " to the program. To change/add filters etc you need to run Proxo as administrator. Right click on proxo icon and select...run as admin.
Sep. 03, 2007, 03:29 PM
I am wondering ? are you saying to allow full rights ? as i am not shure what is ment by admin, Proxco in my case is allowed accesses only internett and trusted,this applays to IE and my fire walls ,Thats it, all the rest are bocked ,(Programs)every thing has to run on the nett using proxco to brows extra...
many thanks
Sep. 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
Guest Wrote:I understand what you are saying ,here is the problem. its not showing on the page (browser) when trying to
link to a proxcy (172.0.0.1- i use zone alarm that put it in ether trusted or internett) . win fire wall disabled.One can change to ether. trusted or internett ,if i use the proxcys on my Xp pc .Works fine if i try to use Vista get a blank screen. turn off the check box Use a remote proxcy, like now as i type works fine all filters are doning there thing,the proxcy"s i use seem to link as i look at the log window But i get a blank page . fials to show any thing on the page ..
exploror says its linking to 127.0.0.1 ,but get nothing ,run a check and vista tells me no problems with the browser ,ok what im asking is this, perhaps proxco cant run on Vista Using its Remote Setting.as its not compatable with the new OS ? Not that it Matters That Mutch as i use XP any how For Now (95%) of the time ,Browsing wize. it would Be nice to have it Working at 100% like i siad I know nothing els that any where near as good as proxco ,and would use nothing els to brows the web
Now also wondering perhaps use a ather Browser ? may be the Go ,i Dont know ? what your thinking .
many thanks