Kye-u's Security Packv4.57
Sep. 04, 2006, 07:02 PM
Kye-u's Security Packv4.57
Is there an update to the above? Untill just recently it's been doing it's job beautifully. However, I have started to notice that with certain sites that were always add free thanks to the above, the adds have started creeping back in like they've caught up. Alternatively I could try Gryphen's or Sidiki's Pack but I assume I would first have to remove kye-u's? The answer may sound obvious but please bear with me.

One other annoying thing. I've just discovered that I'm unable to logon to this site unless I first disable proxo.???
Thanx
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 04, 2006, 07:51 PM
RE: Kye-u's Security Packv4.57
Hi liquidslam,

I've been caught up with University, paying tuition, attending orientation and buying supplies.

My security pack is not meant to block ads; it's meant to be as generic as possible, meaning I don't have to do frequent updates. It will only detect possible browser exploits.

Sounds like you need to add kyeu.info/ to your "Allow-Cookies" list Smile!

I have not abandoned this project, I just need to find the time to catch up with the latest exploits.

I hope that helped!
Visit this user's website
Sep. 05, 2006, 08:32 PM
Kye-U Wrote:Hi liquidslam,

I've been caught up with University, paying tuition, attending orientation and buying supplies.

My security pack is not meant to block ads; it's meant to be as generic as possible, meaning I don't have to do frequent updates. It will only detect possible browser exploits.

Sounds like you need to add kyeu.info/ to your "Allow-Cookies" list Smile!

I have not abandoned this project, I just need to find the time to catch up with the latest exploits.

I hope that helped!
Sep. 05, 2006, 09:05 PM
Seems like something went wrong with the above. What I meant to say was sorry for the misunderstanding. But as proxomitron itself was, among other things, doing such a great job of replacing the adds on sites with blanks I naturally assumed that your security pack would enhance this feature. And now, as I said, they have started creeping back in, especially the animated ones, which is a major pain as proxo was the only program I know of that succeeded in keeping these at bay.

The logon problem has solved itself without any intervention on my part.

Good luck with your studies