Poll: Would you like to have a config based in this concept?
This poll is closed.
Yes, would be nice 85.71% 6 85.71%
It doen't matter for me 14.29% 1 14.29%
No, i'm happy as it is. 0% 0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Base Config 090214
Feb. 15, 2009, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: Mar. 20, 2009 04:12 PM by lnminente.)
The Base Config 090214
Finally here is the first base config for proxomitron, it is my work of six full months of learning and testing filters with the intention of improving and making easy for all to write filters, also to hope nobody has to waste his time again doing this boring thing.

It's only a start, people could follow it or not, but it will be here, and will help a lot to capture new talented people to our proxoworld.

I wrote it to have the easiest way of understand only reading the titles of the filters, so the help file would be the minimal, in fact there is no help file. In the next lines i will explain the basics from this config, any question about this config will be answered here. For other questions just go the the help file of proxomitron or ask in the forum, i would like you to remember that.

What is the base config? ___________________________________
It started here:
(Dec. 17, 2008 05:06 PM)lnminente Wrote:  
What about writing a new config between all creating a new standard?

It should modify almost nothing, it is the base.

It should decide what must be or not parsed by proxomitron (many files are not filtered by default. For example the syndication of this forum)

It should define many variables, wich would act to give more safety to our filters, making them also more easy to write. (Defining variables to know where we are, html, body, head, post-html, script, url parts, etc...)

We could investigate to create a good method to filter things but using Header filters, injecting info in the URL to know if it is offsite, to write some info in the killed page, etc...

The basic filters everybody should share and know how to use. With that, we could create complex filters and share them easily in the forum.

Filtering ads it's nice but not to be included in the base. Althought we could create a .js file with standard functions like toggle.

It might seem a very a ambitious project, but it isn't really. Its only to start it. Some people here, me one of them, wrote their own configs from scratch and could help a lot with our experiences. It could be like a Sidki lite, but improved with new helps.

I hope everybody get the idea behind this thread, and think the same. From "the base config" different configs could be created easily.

Write what you think, what would you add, from where you want we begin...
Quoted from: The base config

Lets begin:

1) It uses port 8080, configure your browser to use it, search in the forum. And by now it not filter SSL pages.
2) All his filters have a "·" in his titles. In that way will be easier to update the base writing "·" in the find bar and delete all the header and web filters wich appear.
3)The URL title format for the header filters will be:
URL(space):(Zero for outcoming, I por incoming)_(#section).(#filter).(#subfilter/related filter) (Title) {autors}(ISO 8601 Calendar date: YYMMDD)
Example1: URL :0_0.3.1 Outcoming example {sd,th}040526
Example2: URL :0_I.2.2 Incoming example {ln}090125
4) There is a "Set Debug Mode" wich can be enabled by one header filter. Just go to the header windows, at botton there is a find bar, write there debug, and you will find the filter easier.
5) The expression to log when debug mode is enabled is $TST(keyword=*.i_level\:[5].*)$LOG(C Text to log)
6) Format for loggin in the log window by the header filters is $LOG(C$DTM©,"Number of the filter" "Title of the filter" etc...)
example: $LOG(R$DTM©,I_3.1 Kill error 404 Not Found: $GET(uHost)...$GET(uFile).$GET(uExt))
7) Colors for logging in the log window:
Red for killing, Cyan for debugging, Gray for not important things, Violet for other things.
Others in specifical filters(Blue for setting debug, Green for outcomming, Yellow for incomming)

Explaining the filters:
-Test order of header filters. It should never match, if it match is because there is another filter setting the var keyword. This could happen when proxomitron saved the filter disordered because you introduced a header filter with a wrong name format. Remember to add a space to the url filters.
Good: "URL :"
Bad"URL:"

-Redirect to debug, also Redirect to bypassed source. These filters moves you fast to the corresponding functions of proxomitron if you press F6 or F8 while starting to load the page.

-Add to Protect-LinksTo. Thanks to this filter, you can create web filters to put links to adding entries to a list using something like href="http://addtolist//proxomitron//replace_this_for_the_address_to_add~reload~\u"

-Set Inside_. That's what i call the inside vars. They will defined by this header filter and by the last web filter from the list. There are three tScript,tAnc,tStyle. Their value will be 1 when proxomitron is parsing a script, a anchor or a style respectively, and empty when not parsing them (By now, style strings in anchors are not covered, a thing to do)

8) Pendant to creat a standard format to Log to a file...

9)Define parts of html section, or "Html zone filters". Seeing their titles, 1: means enabling, 0: means emptying that variable.
start of a html file: [1:V_PreHtml]
<html> tag: [1:V_Html; 0:V_PreHtml]
<head> tag: [1:V_Head]
<body> tag: [0:V_PreHtml,V_Head; 1:V_Html,V_Postbody]
</html> tag: [1:V_PostHtml; 0:V_Html]

10) USER FILTERS 1, and USER FILTERS 2. These sections will be for your own filters. Use always the section 2, unless it doesn't work and must be placed in section 1.

11) FILTERS FROM DEVELOPERS. This section will be used for people wich make public their filters, since now we will call them filter packs. An filter pack for ads from kye-u, a filter pack for ad-containers from z12, etc...

12) CODE EXAMPLES AND UTILITIES. This section is for showing some important and useful expressions for proxomitron.

Installation: unzip this file in folder, and copy there proxomitron.exe and zlib.dll

Finding fails to a config can be easy, help us to fix them!

Since this moment this config is public without any warranty or responsability from me, it could kill your cat and give live to your computer. This is lazylessware, it is free for non comercial use, neither for lazy people.

Dedicated to Kye-U, Sidki3003, JD5000, Proxrocks, Oddisey, specially to Z12 hoping he gets better soon. Also my family and friends from Cádiz (Spain) and for all nonconformists people.

Attached File(s)
.zip  base config.zip (Size: 16.27 KB / Downloads: 748)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 15, 2009, 12:33 AM
RE: The Base Config 090214
The birth of a new config set, very cool! Smile!
Feb. 15, 2009, 01:31 AM
RE: The Base Config 090214
Thanks Sidki! As you can see it is a base, i want to work a bit more in the concept, and make clear it was my config 30 minutes ago, but NOT now, right now is of all of us. So since now everyone is invited to introduce ideas/modifications/new filters and they will have exactly the same rights than me in this concept. I introduced it, but i won't be the owner, it will be this forum's people Wink

My next release will be a "filter pack" for filtering ads. The filters from the same filter pack should share some chars/words in his title wich would make them different to the rest of the filters, so using the find bar, we could delete easily a filter pack to put another in his place. It could be the name of the developer followed by the release date of the pack.