Outlook Express w/ Hotmail
Oct. 17, 2005, 03:28 PM
Outlook Express w/ Hotmail
I set up BFilter to work with Internet Explorer exactly like I read in the "Browser Configuration" docs.
It works fine with IE.
However, when using Outllok Express to pull email from Hotmail, the message "The server does not support the required HTTP methods."
When selecting "Details", I also see "Not Implemented".

-Higgy
Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 17, 2005, 06:33 PM

Are you sure "Use the same proxy server for all protocols" is unchecked?
I'd also like to see a screenshot of that "Details" dialog.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 17, 2005, 08:41 PM

jart Wrote:Are you sure "Use the same proxy server for all protocols" is unchecked?
Definitely unchecked.

jart Wrote:I'd also like to see a screenshot of that "Details" dialog.
No problem.

Attached File(s)
.png  OE Dialog.PNG (Size: 15.24 KB / Downloads: 1138)
Oct. 17, 2005, 09:28 PM

I was going to register a hotmail account to try it myself, but it turns out Microsoft now offers Outlook integration only as part of a subscription plan.
Anyway, I am sure I can solve it, it'll just take more time and more effort from your side.
First, I'd like you to copy-paste the whole text from that scrolling box on the "Details" dialog.
Second, I'd like to see a screenshot of the "Proxy Settings" dialog, just to be sure everything is OK there.
If that won't give me enough information, I'll build a debug version for you, and you'll send me its logs.
Oct. 17, 2005, 09:58 PM

I remember reading something that says they stopped allowing hotmail to be accessed through outlook...

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Oct. 17, 2005, 11:01 PM

Shea Wrote:I remember reading something that says they stopped allowing hotmail to be accessed through outlook...

...and you're right, it was a long time ago. See http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/09/2...ook_1.html. As far as I know several Hotmail Proxy's were built since then to deal with that.

Regards, tBB
Oct. 17, 2005, 11:10 PM

Meanwhile I've found the problem: it's the lack of WebDAV support in BFilter. The next version will have it. I am going to release a beta version in a few days that should have WebDAV support.
Oct. 18, 2005, 10:53 AM

Please note however that this does not mean BFilter becomes a so called Hotmail-Proxy. Pulling Hotmail accounts from Outlook will still only work if the owner has either a paid account, or signed up before Microsoft made the decision to go pay-only for WebDAV access but it will work over BFilter then.

Regards, tBB
Oct. 18, 2005, 05:28 PM

jart Wrote:Meanwhile I've found the problem: it's the lack of WebDAV support in BFilter. The next version will have it. I am going to release a beta version in a few days that should have WebDAV support.

That's great, Jart
So, that input from me is no longer needed?

-Higgy
Oct. 18, 2005, 05:41 PM

Anonymous Wrote:That's great, Jart
So, that input from me is no longer needed?
That's right. I expect the beta to be released tomorrow, so stay tuned.
Dec. 03, 2009, 03:15 PM
RE: Outlook Express w/ Hotmail
Today I received the ace in my hand-dbx recovery software.Because this tool helped more than 10 people of my friends.Software solved my issue in seconds and free of cost.Moreover utility in process of recovering could fixed damaged archives in dbx format and attempts to unpack all items, that are stored inside,reads your mailbox and analysis it for errors..