CSS conversion?
Sep. 28, 2005, 09:14 PM
CSS conversion?
is there any way for proxo to "convert" an incoming .css file to the actual CONTENTS of the .css file?

For example, I have a site bring a 'global' CSS in by way of <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.here.com/layout/css/global.css?v=123">...

But it becomes "tedious" to view the CONTENTS of the CSS...

Basically, I would "like" for the Proxo view source or Proxo debug to show the CONTENTS of the CSS, not the file name...

Any ideas?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 28, 2005, 10:05 PM

I don't get the problem.

That you can't display a JS or CSS document inline is a shortcoming of the IE engine. But...
http://dbug..prxbx.com/forums/templates/ONi/ONi.css (Scott's set)
...or...
http://px.dbug..prxbx.com/forums/templates/ONi/ONi.css (my set)
...works just fine, even in that not-so-advanced browser, no?

sidki
Sep. 28, 2005, 10:21 PM

I think he wants to change the <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.here.com/layout/css/global.css?v=123"> to <style>included css from global.css link</style>

If you make a filter to catch everything in the global.css link in a variable, then call that variable in a separate filter, I think it can be done.
Visit this user's website
Sep. 28, 2005, 10:48 PM

Ahh okay! Problem here is that the external CSS is on a different connection than the main doc, so the global var wouldn't survive. :-|
Sep. 28, 2005, 10:49 PM

sidki,

correct, a shortcoming of the IE engine - Sleipnir2 is at beta5 and should be out soon as an "official" release (I gave up my Gecko engine on Sleipnir v1.66 to beta test v2, but v2 is strictly Japanese at this stage [and v2 swaps engines MUCH more nicely])...

the http://px.dbug.. gets me there for the time being...

Kye-U,

correct, that is indeed my 'end in mind'...

the px.dbug is a good workaround if nothing else surfaces...
Sep. 28, 2005, 10:51 PM

sidki3003 Wrote:Ahh okay! Problem here is that the external CSS is on a different connection than the main doc, so the global var wouldn't survive. :-|
good point...
sounds like I'll just use that px.dbug for now...

edit: wow! that px.dbug.. was just the kick I needed... a two-hour site-specific .css filter that I began earlier today took a mere minute or two once I used the px.dbug and found the extra SPACE that wasn't showing up in any 'view source' previously...

edit2: not sure if it was that 'white space' or not... regardless, 'issue resolved'... Thanks guys...
Sep. 29, 2005, 03:33 AM

Now isn't this wicked?......

I just hit the two links as provided by sidki3003 (above), and of the two, the px version got me Proxo's infamous BSOC (Black Screen of Can't Find It). OTOH, the first link brought the file's contents up in my default text editor (Yeah for MED!!).

Now why would I get the exact opposite results that ProxRocks got? One could ponder this question for many an hour, no? Sleep

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Sep. 29, 2005, 10:05 AM

It depends upon your config's Prefix all URL commands setting...

In sidki's config, the prefix is px....
Grypen's is gcd....
JD's is Cmd....

ps: I don't want to view the .css in a 'text editor' (too easy)... By viewing within my Proxo'd browser, my Proxo ViewSrc.css kicks in and therefore the website's .css is being "formatted" in an easy-to-read 'scheme' defined therein...
Sep. 29, 2005, 11:01 AM

Oddysey, also make sure that you don't have Url commands disabled on this screen.
Sep. 29, 2005, 09:31 PM

ProxRocks and sidki;

Well, I guess I must not have put two and two together in the right order. Dead Somewhere along the line, while clicking on those two links, I thought to myself, can a URL command prefix be separated by using a dot? And of course, I just went right on past that, without stopping to fully consider all the possible answers, let alone any of them. The answer from anyone who has done it is, 'Yep'. I, OTOH, use a hyphen in my prefix. Don't know why I thought that a period might not be acceptable, but there you have it. Anxious Sigh.

I also figured out how come I see the css code in my text editor when I hit the link shown by sidki - it's because it doesn't have my personal prefix already attached. When I insert my prefix and refresh the page, the code shows up in the browser instead of the editor.

There, case solved. I love it when a plan comes together! Microphone

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!