Opera Tweak
Apr. 22, 2005, 02:16 AM

Here's one:

Quote:Problem: Slow browsing when using a Proxy (e.g. The Proxomitron) - sometimes 'hanging' the UI when lots of tabs are loading together.

Cause: Opera disables HTTP 1.1 by default for proxies (as not all proxies are compatible), thus slowing network performance down.

Solution: Go to Preferences ? Network ? Proxy Servers and turn "Enable HTTP 1.1 for proxies" on. If you use The Proxomitron, also turn off "Local connections persist..." as this (bug) actually turns off outbound HTTP/1.1 from the Proxomitron to the outside web!

More found here: http://nontroppo.org/wiki/OperaPerformance

Do you guys think this is an actual "bug" with Opera and Proxomitron?

Also, feel free to post more "tweaks" for Opera Eyes Closed Smile
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 22, 2005, 05:52 AM

Kye-U;

Didn't hpguru, sidki3003 and Jor have a knock-down, drag-out battle over this one? IIRC, the air around Arne's board was rather sulpherous for awhile about which way was faster, and whether or not there might be a mislabeling, or a bug, or what. Others participated too, and maybe it was TEggHead instead of Jor, I don't remember for sure anymore. [unsure]

Someone ought to surf over there and see if that thread can't be exhumed and ported over here. Smile!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Apr. 22, 2005, 03:40 PM

Kye-U Wrote:
Quote:[...]. If you use The Proxomitron, also turn off "Local connections persist..." as this (bug) actually turns off outbound HTTP/1.1 from the Proxomitron to the outside web!
Nah. Here is the result from my packet sniffer - persistent connections enabled:
Code:
GET /images/iProxo.gif HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Opera/8.0 (Windows NT 5.0; U)
Host: www.proxomitron.info
Accept: text/html, application/xml;q=0.9, application/xhtml+xml, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, */*;q=0.1
Accept-Language: en
Accept-Charset: windows-1252, utf-8, utf-16, iso-8859-1;q=0.6, *;q=0.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip, x-gzip, deflate
TE: deflate, gzip, chunked, identity, trailers
Client-IP: 66.80.139.152
Via: 1.1 99PXY25:80 (N2H2 Proxy Server/4.22), 1.1 wc258 (NetCache NetApp/5.5R2)
X-Forwarded-For: 66.80.139.152

sidki