port 8080 not working
Apr. 18, 2005, 09:44 PM

i have ie6.0. i go internet option ->connection tab -> lan setting -> set to localhost and 8080. the brower will not work. i can't browse. any idea??
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 19, 2005, 08:33 AM

hi dealkk! Welcome

I'm new here myself, but until the experts come along, I'm gonna suggest a few things to try out.

How about your firewall? Two things to check here, I think. 1) Is your firewall set to allow Proxo access to the net? You might open it up and see what apps are being blocked -- and check in the logs too. 2) Is it blocking the localhost connection between your browser and proxo? Whether this could be the problem depends on your firewall; some ignore such connections.

Are you sure the settings in your browser match Proxo's? Proxo's default port is 8080, so it's probably okay, but you might want to look in Config > HTTP > Proxomitron's port number to make sure. (When you change the port number in Proxomitron, you need to completely exit and then restart Proxo before he uses the new setting.)

Hang in there! [smoke]

Surfing with Proxo on wine in Debian GNU/Linux ... can ya dig it?
Apr. 21, 2005, 01:10 AM

hi dealkk,
nxIsle is right, it probably is due to your firewall, or different port settings in Proximodo and your browser. Of course, Proximodo must be running (can stay in tray) and must not share the port with another local proxy server.

Antony
Visit this user's website