remote address established
Mar. 14, 2005, 11:59 PM

whenever & however Proxo is started, I notice that a remote address (RA) is established (eg, 64.215.168.110, 65.160.238.181, 68.142.141.201...) but then it disconnects not too long afterwards. If I were to restart Proxo, a different RA would appear. Searching the Whois database shows only the ISPs & not much else. It seems counterintuitive that Proxo connects to anything out in the netherworld (or does it?) and my concern verges on what's otherwise a needless paranoia. What's your take on it?

Thx.

[wha]
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 15, 2005, 12:26 AM

Proxo itself does not connect to anything in the netherworld...

I have seen config "proxifier" FILTERS that do, however...
Do NOT use Proxo in conjunction with "anonymous proxies" and you will not be seeing those 'netherworld connects'...
Mar. 20, 2005, 01:48 PM

Hi "saliva",
Welcome to the FORUM! Glad You are here! Smile!
Question: Where are You seeing the RA's? Are You seeing them in the Proxo Log WIndow? Also do You use the "JakxPack"?

Look and see on the Proxo's main dialog box if the box (Use a Remote Proxy) is ticked. If it is, then the "Proxy Rotation Feature Might be activated. Untick that feature. That would explain why that different IPs are appearing, but that still doesn't explain why they disconnect after abit.

Have You did an audit on Your machine for spyware? You might have some "ET files" that are phoning home when You connect to the net, if You are on dial-up.

Also do You use Out-look or Out-look Express and is it running when You connect up? You might have some images in the emails that connecting to the servers.

Could You give some information? That would be helpful. Smile!

Best Wishes,
"JaK" [smoke]
Mar. 20, 2005, 08:50 PM

I think my computer is infected or hijacked. What should I do?

Get hpHOSTS!