Filter Description
Mar. 05, 2005, 03:14 AM

I have been using the original Proxomitron filter for the past 6 months or so... but recently switched to NAOKO 4.5 CONFIG -- SIDKI 2005-02-22. There is a sea of new filters available in this new config which is great Big Teeth But I'm not sure what each filter is supposed to do and how it alters the website that is being viewed... I would really appreciate it if anyone could give a short description of each filter or maybe point me to a website that does...
Another thing I would like to know is whether the number of filters and the order in which it is placed in the filter list affects web page loading time? I think fewer filters will decrease page loading time. Please disregard that last sentence... I have no idea what I'm talking about. [lol]

Thanks for you time Smile!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 05, 2005, 05:33 AM

max;
Quote:Please explain how to use each of the filters in sidki's configuration set.
Boy, you don't want much, do you? [lol] I'd sooner explain the meaning of life! B)

sidki admits that documentation is his weak point. :o But he's working on it, and he'll even accept comments, if you have any to offer. He is conscientious about what people think of his filter set, and he knows that if they can't use it to its fullest extent, then it's frustrating to the user.

Give him time, he'll get it done. But if you have any questions on any particular filter, feel free to ask away. However, please use the thread set aside for his particular filter set, found at Full Configs - sidki3003. Be aware that there are over 90 messages in that thread, so any questions you have may have already been asked and answered. Please check first, OK? :P

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Mar. 05, 2005, 09:44 AM

Volunteers highly welcome. Wink

maxbaggi, usually you don't need to disable any core filters, but adjust the config from the "Config Control" sections in the header and web filter windows. Check out "Config_Control.txt".

sidki
Mar. 05, 2005, 04:04 PM

Oddysey;
Quote:But if you have any questions on any particular filter, feel free to ask away. However, please use the thread set aside for his particular filter set, found at Full Configs - sidki3003. Be aware that there are over 90 messages in that thread, so any questions you have may have already been asked and answered. Please check first, OK?
Okay will do that. Big Teeth and thanks for replying.

Sidki;
Quote:Check out "Config_Control.txt
Thanks for pointing that out. That little text file has been very helpful even though it is still incomplete. I understand you must spend an awful lot of time and energy working on proxomitron. I just want to say thanks for putting together such a useful utility. Keep up the good work. Cheers