convert h?p:// text into actual links
Feb. 17, 2005, 02:01 PM

Heck!
Plugins in FF are like Proxo in web browsing. If you can program, you can have a plugin for nearly anything [including, say, a Proxo-clone over firefox]... They already have egg boiling plugins, and pretty soon you can have tea too!
Just thinking... Doesn't, in a fashion, that plugin behave as a simple hypertext renderer [like Proxomitron to some extent?... even though it does less than what one Proxo filter would?]
ProxRocks Wrote:I get EXTREMELY tired of 'dead fox' users INSISTING that I should be using the 'dead fox'
I don't suggest anyone to use FF... those that DO use FF may benefit from the above mentioned filter.
Odyssey Wrote:Plug-ins are meant to be for adapting some new technology, not for filtering strings of text found in html code
Obviously, you haven't seen the firefox plugins page, have you?
The official word is, of course, different... "Extensions" ... they call them. Helps remove the confusion that comes from calling them plugins [so it means I was erroneously referring to an extension as a plugin]
Extensions

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 17, 2005, 02:07 PM

Yep, familiar with the 'dead fox' plugins page...

And had to revisit, revisit, revisit, and revisit EVERY time (or so it seemed) that the 'dead fox' went from one version to the next to the next... Was just a HUGE waste of MY time, IMO...

Regardless, the 'dead fox' is good for some...
Sleipnir is good for others...

And even IE seems to be good for what is it, 80% of the market?
Then what, the 'dead fox' for 15%?

And Sleipnir down around what, 0.5%?
Feb. 17, 2005, 05:50 PM

ProxRocks;

[Advice]
Is it possible that I could inveigle you to start using some synonyms for 'dead'? [beatdown] Pretty please with Proxo on top? :P At my age, constantly being reminded about what's coming far too soon is starting to make me a bit nervous. [unsure] Howzabout 'lifeless', 'comatose', 'Eiger sanctioned', or my all time favorite, 'kinetically challenged'. [lol] Thanks. Cheers
[/Advice]

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
no13;

Plugin, extension, enhancement, I don't care what the flavor of the day is, I stand by my earlier diatribe. And yes, just because one can program an extension to do a job doesn't mean that one should, should one? Ever hear the old saying about using an elephant gun to kill a house-fly? Highly applicable here.

To put a twist on another old saying (I don't pee in your ashtray, please don't throw your butts in my urinal), we could adopt the slogan: "Proxo doesn't surf the web, browsers shouldn't filter the web." [blink] I like that. Anybody else got one?

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Feb. 17, 2005, 07:11 PM

Oddysey Wrote:ProxRocks;

[Advice]
Is it possible that I could inveigle you to start using some synonyms for 'dead'? [beatdown] Pretty please with Proxo on top? :P At my age, constantly being reminded about what's coming far too soon is starting to make me a bit nervous. [unsure] Howzabout 'lifeless', 'comatose', 'Eiger sanctioned', or my all time favorite, 'kinetically challenged'. [lol] Thanks. Cheers
[/Advice]
How 'bout this?

Since 'the fox' USED TO BE 'the bird' (you know, as in 'the middle finger'), how 'bout I refer to it as "the bird turd"?

Works for me... Smile!
Feb. 18, 2005, 04:06 AM

ProxRocks;
Quote:..... bird turd

Classic! [lol] Even my warped sense of humor skipped over that one, so my hat's off to ya! Cheers

Oddysey

Feb. 18, 2005, 04:08 AM

*Cough*

From H--P links to "Bird Turd"...
Visit this user's website
Feb. 18, 2005, 09:03 AM

Kye-U;

Yes, everyone here can hijack a thread with the best of 'em, can't we though? Cheers [lol]

Oddysey

Feb. 18, 2005, 12:16 PM

I quit
I just wanted to show an additional way of doing things.
turn into a damn browser war.
any way...
[offtopic] Rocker
cya soon.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.