IE7 Filter (Moved by Admin to correct forum)
Dec. 02, 2004, 10:31 AM

http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/overview/

IE7 seem to be javascript that use on webserver to make make IE more compliant with webstandard. Is it possible to make a Proximodo or Proxo filter that insert the script into every page ?
Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 05, 2004, 12:50 AM

omen;

Assuming that I correctly understand your question, that answer is yes, a filter can be made to inject a javascript into every web page you visit. In fact, this is done in the default config set that ships with Proxo. Check out any filter that uses <start> in the Match section.

BTW, I don't think I saw anything coherent on that website. Obviously, to me anyway, that fella has smoked few too many doobies. Not all of us are able to fill in the dumpster-sized holes that litter his site. In words of one syllable or less: that site is UGLY.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 05, 2004, 02:03 PM

Well... it works. You can inject the IE7 script with a filter like...
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Header Top Inject: IE7"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 16
Match = "(^(^<ProxHdrTop>))$STOP()"
Replace = "\t<!-- compliance patch for microsoft browsers -->\r\n"
"\t<!--[if lt IE 7]>\r\n"
"\t<script src="http://local.ptron/ie7/ie7-standard.js" type="text/javascript">\r\n"
"\t</script>\r\n"
"\t<![endif]-->\r\n"
... and pages like this display correctly.

Thing is that just this script keeps my CPU usage at 100% for around 15 seconds - per page!
So nothing to bother about at this stage IMO. Maybe it improves with time. Smile!

sidki
Dec. 06, 2004, 05:19 AM

I believe that Edwards, for some unknown reason, is trolling. Why else would anyone attempt to pick a fight by bashing Microsoft. I'm not gonna rise to the bait. He can back off is his own jack yard. [insert Bah Humbug smilie here]

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!