Proxy rotation
Sep. 28, 2004, 02:45 AM

I usually have a few hundred proxies in Proxomitron and have Proxomtron change them up every ten connections. Some of the proxies in my list could be slow at times, Is it possible to have proxomitron change the proxy automatically if the proxy doesn't repsond withing 5 seconds? This way if a proxy doesn't respond I won't loose my connection because it will automatically pick another proxy from my list.

Thanks
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 28, 2004, 05:22 AM

coolio;

Hi, and Welcome to the forums! Smile!

A "few hundred" proxies, eh? Whew, that's a bunch of 'em to keep track of, ain't it? [rolleyes]

My guess would be that yes, a timer of some sort could be worked out so that laggardly connections could be aborted. We'll have to wait for sidki3003 to show up though, as that's a cut above my level of expertise. :P

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Sep. 30, 2004, 05:21 AM

If you configure proxy rotation thru Prox' advanced proxy dialog, then Prox should flag all non-responding proxies as bad for this session automatically - proceeding to the next one.

AFAIK you can't influence the connection timeout, but anyhow - generally it's better to chain another local proxy to Prox that handles the remote proxy list. For instance MultiProxy (activate "test proxies on program start" or similar).

sidki