Big Bad Blue Screen
Sep. 28, 2004, 02:23 AM

Hello everyone. Ever since the first day of using Proxo my comp goes blue with a message about something like 'Can't Read Only' or ' Bad_Pool_Caller'. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I also got it running with Jap,everything works fine untill it shuts off and when I restart it, it reads that a severe error has just ocurred.This started before I got it running with Jap. It shuts off running Proxo by itself without Jap. I'm using v.4.5j. Thanks in advance. royjrvic
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 28, 2004, 05:14 AM

roy;

Welcome to the Unofficial Proxomitron Forum. Smile!

Can you tell us how you have JAP configured? Normally speaking, Proxo expects to talking directly to the 'tardnet, but it can be re-configured otherwise. This isn't a problem, but we need to make sure that JAP can be configured to deal with Proxo correctly.

Please show us the configuration file, or tell us what you have to enter in any fields in a configuration screen.

Thanks.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Sep. 29, 2004, 12:37 AM

Hello Oddysey : Sorry but I just arrived from work. For Jap and Proxo together I went to internet options>connectios> settings> ckecked box on Proxy Server>clicked advanced>on http and secure 127.0.0.1-8080 then on Proxo I checked 'Use Remote Proxy>on external proxy selector typed 127.0.0.1 4001. Thats all. On Jap by itself: options>settings>checked proxy server, on address and port typed 127.0.0.1 and 4001 thats all. On Jap's main program I just click the little box inside. I won't go to it now and see what it reads or this thing might go blue again then I won't finish . Any help will be greatly appreciated. royjrvic
Sep. 29, 2004, 05:23 AM

roy;

Try this:

Set IE to use 127.0.0.1:8080 on HTTP. Important - leave HTTPS blank.
Internet Options > Connections > Settings > Advanced > HTTP is 127.0.0.1, Port is 8080.
While on the Settings screen, be sure to uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings", and check the "Use Proxy Server" boxes.

Next, configure Proxo to use the same addy.
Main Proxo screen > Configure > HTTP tab > Proxy Port Number is 8080 (localhost is assumed to be at 127.0.0.1)

IE to Proxo is now configured, and without JAP in the loop, everything should work as desired. Let's setup Proxo and JAP to work together.....

First, set Proxo to use an external Proxy server, using 127.0.0.1:4001.
Main Proxo screen > Proxy > 127.0.0.1:4001. Be sure to hit the Add button before clicking on OK.

Finally, set JAP to 127.0.0.1:4001
Options > Settings > 127.0.0.1 and 4001. Check the "Proxy Server" box.

That should do it. But remember, I don't use JAP myself, nor have I ever even seen it before, so I could be wrong on those instructions - I merely copied them from your message!

Now, what happens when you surf in this configuration?

Oddysey

Oct. 01, 2004, 02:45 AM

Hello everyone. Sorry but I couldn't reach this site all afternoon yesterday. Oddysey I had all like you said except for config on 8080. I lost you on the last part,you said:Finally set Jap to 127....Maybe this step isn't needed...I have Jap running without any crashes this afternoon. I'll run it for a few hours it usually had crashed by now. I think that config part did it. Thanks very much Oddysey. If it continues I'll let you know. royjrvic
Oct. 01, 2004, 07:51 AM

roy;

If it hasn't crashed by now, then it's probably gonna work as advertised! <_<

I'm still not too clear on the JAP proggie; if it defaulted to those values, then all should be well. Let's keep our finner's crossed! Cheers

Oddysey