half-ssl
Nov. 13, 2013, 09:14 PM
half-ssl
hmm, it seems that my recent HEADACHE with all of the D@MN ssl invalid certificate POS warnings isn't "only" a browser issue...

it seems to be with HALF-SSL...

i started using half-ssl many years ago because it STOPPED certificate POS warnings - at least within GreenBrowser which has been my primary go-to browser for several years now...

so my experience with half-ssl for NON-IE browsers is VERY limited...

how many out there is using half-ssl?
are you using it with chrome-based browsers?
is half-ssl intended only for IE-based browsers?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Nov. 13, 2013, 09:41 PM
RE: half-ssl
(Nov. 13, 2013 09:14 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  are you using it with chrome-based browsers?
is half-ssl intended only for IE-based browsers?

I usually use half-ssl (my default).
I rarely use IE.
Half-ssl is intended for all clients to hide https from same.
Nov. 13, 2013, 10:17 PM
does Proxo have its own 'cert warning dialog'?
or does any and all warning dialogs come from the browser?
Nov. 13, 2013, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: Nov. 13, 2013 10:55 PM by JJoe.)
(Nov. 13, 2013 10:17 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  does Proxo have its own 'cert warning dialog'?

Yes. Some warnings are dependent on certs.pem, others are not.
Feb. 08, 2014, 12:03 PM
Do you know that you can get rid of Proxo's alert boxes always asking for approbation ?

I'm no more answering Proxo's question boxes ...

I've been using for years a little program called PTFB (Push that freaking button) which automatically pushes the desired button on any programs window.

Wonderfully relaxing.

You can get it here.

Totally clean. A real necessity.

HTH
Feb. 12, 2014, 01:17 AM
(Feb. 08, 2014 12:03 PM)fpout Wrote:  Do you know that you can get rid of Proxo's alert boxes always asking for approbation ?

Thanks, I had finally decided to write a tool to handle this. After your post I re-investigated the existing routines.

I remember PTFB (Push that freaking button). The free version has not changed since the last time. I don't remember why but I passed.

There is another called ClickOff. Freeware and portable by Johannes Hübner. Has changed since last checked, ClickOff 1.90 Released: 29.12.12.

http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/clickoff.shtml

Johannes Hübner Wrote:Automatically click a button
When the window containing the button shows up, point your mouse on the button and press the ClickOff hotkey on your keyboard (default: Ctrl+Alt+D). You can apply this procedure to checkboxes and radioboxes as well.

Automatically close a window
When the window to be closed shows up, point your mouse on its title bar and press the ClickOff hotkey on your keyboard (default: Ctrl+Alt+D).

Automatically fill in a text
When the text field is on your screen, double-click the ClickOff icon to open the ClickOff list. Then point your mouse on the text field and press the ClickOff hotkey on your keyboard (default: Ctrl+Alt+D). Double-click the new entry (at the bottom of the list) and enter the text to be filled in into the Fill in: text field.
I strongly discourage using this function to fill in passwords since the data is saved without encryption in the ClickOff list!

It also has a log but I don't think it is of much use. I'd like to log more about the windows that it clicks.

It clicks buttons on Win7. Haven't used it to fill in text fields yet. It will do for now.
Feb. 12, 2014, 11:44 PM
the problem with this method (i used to do the same thing, auto-click the d@mn dialog), the problem is that i have discovered that the best "default" is to DENY the connection, but you can't auto-click DENY because one time out of twenty, you will have to ACCEPT instead...
Feb. 13, 2014, 02:23 AM
I click allow more than deny.

It is true that auto-clicking "allow" allows things that I might normally deny. But this is what would happen if the Proxomitron understood wild card certificates and alternate names. I can still use the Proxomitron to block the unwanted connections.

The problem I see is auto-clicking makes finding the unwanted connections more difficult. This is where sophisticated logging would help.

My tool was going to be a Proxomitron specific auto-clicker.
Feb. 13, 2014, 09:04 PM
(Feb. 12, 2014 11:44 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  you can't auto-click DENY because one time out of twenty, you will have to ACCEPT instead...

ClickOff might be workable...

ClickOff's rules are stored in "clikoff.lst". I created the following lst

Code:
WINDOWTITLE="Proxomitron SSL certificate verification error" BUTTONTEXT="Allow" MSGTEXT="*groups.yahoo.com*" BUTTONID="1074" MSGID="1081" DLGID="0" CLKEVENT="2" CLKMETHOD="0" TIMESCLICKED="7" WAIT="0" BPOSX="0" BPOSY="0" ;
WINDOWTITLE="Proxomitron SSL certificate verification error" BUTTONTEXT="Allow" MSGTEXT="*.staticflickr.com*" BUTTONID="1074" MSGID="1081" DLGID="0" CLKEVENT="2" CLKMETHOD="0" TIMESCLICKED="7" WAIT="0" BPOSX="0" BPOSY="0" ;
WINDOWTITLE="Proxomitron SSL certificate verification error" BUTTONTEXT="Allow" MSGTEXT="*.gstatic.com*" BUTTONID="1074" MSGID="1081" DLGID="0" CLKEVENT="2" CLKMETHOD="0" TIMESCLICKED="30" WAIT="0" BPOSX="0" BPOSY="0" ;
WINDOWTITLE="Proxomitron SSL certificate verification error" BUTTONTEXT="Deny" MSGTEXT="*" BUTTONID="1075" MSGID="1081" DLGID="0" CLKEVENT="2" CLKMETHOD="0" TIMESCLICKED="5" WAIT="0" BPOSX="0" BPOSY="0" ;

Lines 2, 3, and 4 auto-click "Allow" at their respective addresses.
The last line auto-clicks "Deny" everywhere else and creates an entry in the log file that looks like

Code:
[2014-02-13 04:23:02] processing "Proxomitron SSL certificate verification error" button: "Deny" message: "Looks like SSL certificate for the site:
login.persona.org

Has some problems..."

which should help find and correct mistaken clicks.

If you want to check it out.
ClickOff starts in German. Start it up, right-click the tray icon, click "Einstellungen", under "Programmsprache" select your language, add the log file under "Logdatei", click "OK".

HTH