Proxomitron — Adblock Plus Version — over 50 000 rules + Full manual [RUS]
Jan. 12, 2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: Dec. 15, 2014 09:18 PM by Gravemind.)
Proxomitron — Adblock Plus Version — over 50 000 rules + Full manual [RUS]
Hello!

I took all the filters from Adblock Plus addon for Firefox, also added more filters from other sources.

I changed them to fit the Proxomitron logic.

I have made a full pack with this new configuration.

However, I can currently offer only a version in Russian. I haven`t had time to translate it into English yet.

You can make use of it in any case, it`s pretty intuitive.

If many of you like the idea, I could spend some time translating it.

You can give it a try and see how it works.

I am very happy with it. It kills everything that I need and so much more. It takes some knowledge to use without getting frustrated.

The pack is basically perfect and the manual contains all the info to get started for everyone. It is not it English yet, which is not good for most potential users.

It took me some time to figure out how to pack it all.

This is the best version I have seen and tried so far. It is like having adblock plus for all the browsers at once without any operational speed drawbacks.

I am only one man and cannot do everything at once. Still, this can be useful even in a foreign language.

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6h3edklu683d2uq

Have fun!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gravemind for this post:
defconnect, soccerfan
Jan. 12, 2013, 06:06 PM
RE: Proxomitron — Adblock Plus Version — over 50 000 rules + Full manual [RUS]
Hello Gravemind,

Thanks for your great work. For some reason, I cannot get the download (reported as 78 MB) from dropbox to complete without corruption. Tried various browsers, but no luck. Perhaps the Cyrillic in the filename upsets things? Could you re-upload renamed?
Thanks & with kind regards, defconnect
Jan. 12, 2013, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: Jan. 12, 2013 08:34 PM by soccerfan.)
I had the same problem as defconnect but after renaming
the zip file (to something like Proxomitron+AdblockPlus.zip),
I can unzip and view the contents.

I do hope some kind soul translates it to English Thumbs Up

soccerfan
Jan. 13, 2013, 01:14 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?6h3edklu683d2uq

Try this link, if you cannot download with that one.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gravemind for this post:
defconnect
Jan. 13, 2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks Gravemind, new MF-upload unzipped perfectly now Smile!
Mar. 03, 2013, 04:40 PM
I get an application error from Proxomitron if I start Proxomitron.exe: 'error loading default configuration!'.
german Windows 7 here.

3.83 MB for the default.cfg... Banging Head
mine is 13 KB.

too bad, I would have liked to take a look. I am always interested in new packets.
Mar. 04, 2013, 03:07 AM
Do you keep it in the default programs folder?

If that's the case, put the proxomitron folder anywhere else and try again.
Mar. 04, 2013, 03:10 AM
The default.cfg file is big, because it contains thousands of rules. And I found no way to avoid this.
Also the program may stall the processor for a minute or two when you first launch it, but after the file is digested it works reliably.
Mar. 07, 2013, 07:34 PM
you could reduce the size down to < 1% by using '$LST'. most of your filters do the same (hidding tags), just for different sites/attributes. for them you only need 1 filter that uses a list with the URLs and the attributes in one entry each.
Mar. 08, 2013, 10:54 AM
This doesn`t work, because the program kills the CPU every time it starts processing the list with such a filter.
Those rules must be kept separate for each site in order to work.
I know because I tried it.
Mar. 09, 2013, 04:47 PM
I am using such a filter and when I put 100,000 entries there the CPU is still not killed. Proxomitron can definitely handle that amount of entries. so I guess that killing is a matter of your filter, not a matter of the entries. maybe you can post your filter here and we will see what is wrong with it.
Mar. 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
Maybe the filter was wrong. I don`t have it any more.
Don't feel like reconstructing it. There is no point in doing that now.
Apr. 21, 2013, 12:20 PM
Hi Gravemind,
Thanks for your work in regards to integrating Adblock list with Proxomitron, a couple of years ago I abandoned Proxomitron because Adblock was just so much smoother user experience but I would love to be able to ditch Adblock on browser level and instead go for Proxomitron solution that uses Adblock list.. Now: have you done any work in regards to automating the download / converting of the Adblock list(s)? In my mind automation is the only way to go if Proxomitron is ever to long term compete with the Adblock browser add-on.
Apr. 22, 2013, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: Apr. 22, 2013 05:10 AM by neverwasinparis.)
(Apr. 21, 2013 12:20 PM)oklio8 Wrote:  In my mind automation is the only way to go

I agree with that.
currently I am working on a converter. it's an extrem easy way to get all the domains and subdomains from their lists. you can test it if you want. download the added file, unzip it and open the contained html file with a browser. the textareas on the right site are not activated yet. the rest should be easy to understand.
the result is alphabetical ordered, and all overlapping and double entries are removed.
enjoy. Cool

Attached File(s)
.rar  ListsUpdater.rar (Size: 19.36 KB / Downloads: 749)
Apr. 22, 2013, 11:34 AM
(Apr. 22, 2013 05:05 AM)neverwasinparis Wrote:  
(Apr. 21, 2013 12:20 PM)oklio8 Wrote:  In my mind automation is the only way to go

I agree with that.
currently I am working on a converter. it's an extrem easy way to get all the domains and subdomains from their lists. you can test it if you want. download the added file, unzip it and open the contained html file with a browser. the textareas on the right site are not activated yet. the rest should be easy to understand.
the result is alphabetical ordered, and all overlapping and double entries are removed.
enjoy. Cool

Very impressive, sweet touch to embed the favicon in base64! Yes, then we just need a bit (..) of Windows programming to automate this process in the background (as an adjacent helper utility to Proxomitron) - could be done via AutoIt for example (which would allow background loading of your code into a embedded IE object that could then be scripted to output the result into the correct files and restart Proxomitron as needed). I could try and provide a template for this program if needed but I do not have the energy at the moment for a full blown implementation.