Proxomitron — Adblock Plus Version — over 50 000 rules + Full manual [RUS]
Apr. 22, 2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Proxomitron — Adblock Plus Version — over 50 000 rules + Full manual [RUS]
thanks a lot.
forgot to write, if you are using the updater for the second time paste only the entries above the line '# AdBlock Entries #' in step 3. automatically ignoring of the entries below is not implemented yet.
also i am thinking about compressing the result. if there are same domains but different top level domains it will be for example 'doubleclick.(com|net)' instead of 2 lines. should be faster.
the programming for windows is up to someone else. I did my part.^^
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 22, 2013, 09:57 PM
(Apr. 22, 2013 12:31 PM)neverwasinparis Wrote:  thanks a lot.
forgot to write, if you are using the updater for the second time paste only the entries above the line '# AdBlock Entries #' in step 3. automatically ignoring of the entries below is not implemented yet.
also i am thinking about compressing the result. if there are same domains but different top level domains it will be for example 'doubleclick.(com|net)' instead of 2 lines. should be faster.
the programming for windows is up to someone else. I did my part.^^

Alright, that did help; sorry to hear you're not up for the Windows challenge but, as you say as well, you have done your part Cheers - if I feel sudden inspiration on the subject I'll be sure to post my efforts towards them as of yet unmanifest, Windows Proxomitron Adblock Rules Updater (the much yearned for "WPARU") utility in this thread Smile!
Apr. 25, 2013, 08:44 AM
I did some research.
I don't like the AutoIt idea. it's too complicated for the user and silent update would not be possible.
so I searched for a better solution. good old batch file should be able to do this stuff. the batch file is started automatically with the windows onboard 'scheduled tasks' periodically. it will start a downloadmanager in silent mode and download the lists. after that the converting stuff is done directly by the batch file. so there is no need to start a browser to do it with JavaScript.
in the end the user would only need to install it once and then never care about it anymore. would not even recognize the update. the downloadmanager and the batch file operate without user interface.
becoming familiar with the batch syntax would need a while.
Apr. 25, 2013, 08:49 AM
(Apr. 25, 2013 08:44 AM)neverwasinparis Wrote:  I did some research.
I don't like the AutoIt idea. it's too complicated for the user and silent update would not be possible.
so I searched for a better solution. good old batch file should be able to do this stuff. the batch file is started automatically with the windows onboard 'scheduled tasks' periodically. it will start a downloadmanager in silent mode and download the lists. after that the converting stuff is done directly by the batch file. so there is no need to start a browser to do it with JavaScript.
in the end the user would only need to install it once and then never care about it anymore. would not even recognize the update. the downloadmanager and the batch file operate without user interface.
becoming familiar with the batch syntax would need a while.

Not a bad idea: there's no reason why an AutoIt solution can't be automated though, one can equally well write gui-less programs with AutoIt if that is what is called for. All the same: respect to you if you manage to do the job with a batch file - I would personally NOT want to try doing this task without having access to regexp engine and all the other perks of a full scripting language.
May. 06, 2013, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: May. 06, 2013 11:00 PM by neverwasinparis.)
I have not forgotten this thread.

creating such batch file will really need some time. if it ever could be done. it took me a lot of hours to do this with JavaScript.

there is an update for the JavaScript version. compression is implemented and step 3 works perfectly now. all other steps too, I hope^^. additonally some minor changes and you can use catchwords now.

Attached File(s)
.rar  ListsUpdater.rar (Size: 6.97 KB / Downloads: 767)