2013.03.30 filters for Google
Aug. 11, 2012, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 13, 2013 11:56 PM by JJoe.)
2013.03.30 filters for Google
I'm using the filters below. Has been working in latest IE9, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, K-Meleon with javascript enabled. Will break in a couple hours. Wink

Thumbnails are requested by mouseover the ">>".

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "! : JUMP: Google complete off (out) (13.03.30) [ADD]"
URL = "(www|[^/]++.encrypted).google.(*/)+{1}(^(images|csi)\?)((^?)$SET(\0=webhp?)|(^local)(*\?)+{1}(^(*\&)++complete=[0-9])$SET(\0=&))&$JUMP(\u\0complete=0)"
Replace = "$LOG(R$DTM(c) JUMP to google complete off)"

This new header filter "! : JUMP: Google RemovedParameters (out) (13.03.30) [ADD]" removes unlisted parameters from the Google Search URL.

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "! : JUMP: Google RemovedParameters (out) (13.03.30) [ADD]"
URL = "www.google.[^/]+/search\?&(*(^(^\?))(\3([\?\&](as_[^=]+|q|tbm|gbv|tbs|start|safe|tbo|num|complete|prmdo|esrch|biw|bih|sout|nfpr|lr|cr|nirf|img[^=]+|prx-command)=[^\&]+)\#$SET(removed=$GET(removed)\3))+{1,*}(?+)\3$SET(removed=$GET(removed)\3)$TST(removed=?*)$SET(kept=\@)$TST(kept=[\?\&]\6)$URL(\5\?)$JUMP(\5?\6)|$SET(removed=)$SET(kept=)!(^))"
Replace = "$LOG(R$DTM(c):RemovedParameters:$GET(removed))$SET(removed=)$SET(kept=)"

Code:
Before www.google.com/search?num=100&safe=off&q=proxomitron
After  www.google.com/search?num=100&safe=off&q=proxomitron

Code:
Before www.google.com/search?num=100&safe=off&q=proxomitron&more
After  www.google.com/search?num=100&safe=off&q=proxomitron

Previously, this Exceptions-U entry was used to remove the parameters:

Code:
www.google.[^/]+/search\?
     &(*(^(^\?))
     (\3([\?\&](as_[^=]+|q|tbm|gbv|tbs|start|safe|tbo|num|complete|prmdo|esrch|biw|bih|sout|nfpr|lr|cr|nirf|img[^=]+|prx-command)=[^\&]+)\#
     $SET(removed=$GET(removed)\3))+{1,*}
     (?+)\3$SET(removed=$GET(removed)\3)$TST(removed=?*)
     $SET(kept=\@)$TST(kept=[\?\&]\6) $URL(\5\?)
     $LOG(R$DTM(c):RemovedParameters:$GET(removed))$JUMP(\5?\6)
     $SET(removed=)$SET(kept=)
     |$SET(removed=)$SET(kept=))

Edit 2013.04.13: Added ! : JUMP: Google RemovedParameters (out) (13.03.30) [ADD], Added parameters to Exceptions-U entry, Corrected ! : JUMP: Google complete off (out) 11.12.13 [ADD], Google_2012_08_12.txt 90 removed
Edit 2012.08.19: Added parameters to Exceptions-U entry for Google search.
Add "Google_2012_08_19.txt": "Google Search: Alternate Display 12.08.19" shows links in vshid class, cached, similar, and ?.

Attached File(s)
.gif  example.gif (Size: 189.57 KB / Downloads: 862)
.txt  Google_2012_08_19.txt (Size: 22.09 KB / Downloads: 860)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to JJoe for this post:
whenever, defconnect, dave, chatterer, duffy98
Aug. 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
RE: 2012.08.12 filters for Google
(Aug. 11, 2012 08:05 PM)JJoe Wrote:  The Exceptions-U entry removes unlisted parameters from the Google Search URL.

SWEET !!! Very cool !!!
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm glad I happened upon this filter set today. It fixes some problems I mentioned in the other thread. Thank you so much. Smile!

I found a problem with the Exceptions-U entry but don't now how to correct it.

I go to http://www.google.com/advanced_image_search and enter the search term 'train' and the size parameter 'Larger than 4 MP' and it strips out the size parameter:
Quote:Proxo log says:
GET 653 : Keywords (List): .
653:RemovedParameters:&imgsz=4mp&imgar=&imgc=value&imgtype=

And the search does not find the large images.

Checking the log I also noticed this:
Error opening $FILE(C:/PROGRAM FILES/PROXOMITRON SIDKI_2011-12-22RC1/html/sidki_h_2011-12-22rc1/CSS/proxcss-g-ie&complete=0.css)

It appears the google complete header filter (! : JUMP: Google complete off (out) 11.12.13 [ADD]) is changing the name of the css file such that Proxo can't open it.

Not sure how much it matters, if at all.
Mar. 31, 2013, 02:28 AM
(Mar. 30, 2013 03:34 PM)dave Wrote:  I found a problem with the Exceptions-U entry but don't now how to correct it.

I go to http://www.google.com/advanced_image_search and enter the search term 'train' and the size parameter 'Larger than 4 MP' and it strips out the size parameter:

GET 653 : Keywords (List): .
653:RemovedParameters:&imgsz=4mp&imgar=&imgc=value&imgtype=

I can't find that url but try changing
"|nirf|prx-command" to "|nirf|img[^=]+|prx-command"

I have been using a header filter instead of the Exceptions-U entry.

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "! : JUMP: Google RemovedParameters (out) (13.03.30) [ADD]"
URL = "www.google.[^/]+/search\?&(*(^(^\?))(\3([\?\&](as_[^=]+|q|tbm|gbv|tbs|start|safe|tbo|num|complete|prmdo|esrch|biw|bih|sout|nfpr|lr|cr|nirf|img[^=]+|prx-command)=[^\&]+)\#$SET(removed=$GET(removed)\3))+{1,*}(?+)\3$SET(removed=$GET(removed)\3)$TST(removed=?*)$SET(kept=\@)$TST(kept=[\?\&]\6)$URL(\5\?)$JUMP(\5?\6)|$SET(removed=)$SET(kept=)!(^))"
Replace = "$LOG(R$DTM(c):RemovedParameters:$GET(removed))$SET(removed=)$SET(kept=)"

(Mar. 30, 2013 03:34 PM)dave Wrote:  Checking the log I also noticed this:
Error opening $FILE(C:/PROGRAM FILES/PROXOMITRON SIDKI_2011-12-22RC1/html/sidki_h_2011-12-22rc1/CSS/proxcss-g-ie&complete=0.css)

It appears the google complete header filter (! : JUMP: Google complete off (out) 11.12.13 [ADD]) is changing the name of the css file such that Proxo can't open it.

D'oh!

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "! : JUMP: Google complete off (out) (13.03.30) [ADD]"
URL = "(www|[^/]++.encrypted).google.(*/)+{1}(^(images|csi)\?)((^?)$SET(\0=webhp?)|(^local)(*\?)+{1}(^(*\&)++complete=[0-9])$SET(\0=&))&$JUMP(\u\0complete=0)"
Replace = "$LOG(R$DTM(c) JUMP to google complete off)"

I'll update first post later.

Thanks
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JJoe for this post:
dave
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: Mar. 31, 2013 06:17 AM by dave.)
JJoe:

I've replaced the Exceptions-U entry with the header filter and also added in the new Google Complete filter and the symptoms of the problems I had have disappeared.

Thanks.
Apr. 15, 2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 15, 2013 07:27 PM by duffy98.)
RE: 2013.03.30 filters for Google
JJoe ... thanks for the new Google filter set. I haven't been here for awhile ... need some help on how to place this filter set into my Proxomitron setup. When Sidki was still here he helped me on a few things (as you have also) but I still have limited knowledge when dealing with Proxomitron filter updates. I have the last Sidki filter config from 2010 installed and nothing since ... I know there have been other Google filter updates but I wasn't sure how to install them but I'd like to get this one installed. I'm using K-Meleon these days ... the version by JamesD at the KM forum ... KM 1.6.0 beta 2.4 but he may have a beta 2.5 version out, I'm waiting for an answer from him on that. When I was last here (Jan 2012, I believe) I was still using Windows 98SE but last April I made the change to XP Pro Sp3.

thanks in advance ... glad to see you are still here along with ProxRocks and others.
Apr. 16, 2013, 12:36 AM
(Apr. 15, 2013 07:11 PM)duffy98 Wrote:  need some help on how to place this filter set into my Proxomitron setup.

The two header filters are fairly simple. Copy one of them to the clipboard; Open the Proxomitron's HTTP Header Filter dialog; Left click any exist filter; Right click and left click "Import filters from clipboard"; Repeat for second header filter; Disable an old versions of new filters; Click all the oks; Save config.

The sidki set needs some header filters to precede others. Adding header filters can change their order of application. Don't add "URL:" style header filters.

We have been using clicking "Configure -> OK -> Save -> Reload" several times on the Proxomitron's main dialog screen to force our desired header filter order.

Header filters are applied in the order that they appear in the config file, not the header filter dialog.

Copy "Google_2012_08_19.txt" to the clipboard; Open the Proxomitron's HTML Webpage Filters dialog; Left click on "|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Google"; Right click and left click "Import filters from clipboard"; Disable all the filters in the old Google section. Click all the oks; Save config.

HTH

http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1870
Apr. 16, 2013, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: Apr. 16, 2013 01:49 AM by duffy98.)
Thanks JJoe for the assistance. I got your Google filter set installed. I was wrong earlier about the last set of filters installed ... I installed your Sidki update set "prox-config-sidki_2011-12-22rc1" after the 2010 Sidki set which is why I was here in Jan 2012, getting the update.

... does anyone ever hear from Sidki ? Hope for the best ... thanks again.
Oct. 24, 2016, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: Dec. 08, 2023 02:23 PM by Smoke.)
To be honest I never do. Do you?