Bypass ALL filters AND change user agent
Apr. 04, 2012, 12:33 AM
Bypass ALL filters AND change user agent
I want to bypass ALL filters on a particular site but at the same time I also want to change the user agent (an outgoing header filter).

Is there an exceptions-u entry or something else that will accomplish this?

Based on what I have tried, it is possible that an entry for bypssing only incoming filters could be used along with the bypass all webfilters entry:

Code:
$SET(0=a_web.)

However, I haven't found an entry that bypasses only the incoming header filters.

I have no problems constructing an entry for changing the user agent.

Thanks.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 04, 2012, 12:59 AM
RE: Bypass ALL filters AND change user agent
I'd try adding a filter that used $Filter(false), http://proxomitron.info/45/help/Matching...tml#FILTER .

HTH
Apr. 04, 2012, 01:33 AM
Thanks JJoe but I don't get it.

What I need to do is bypass all web filters and all incoming header filters and change the user agent. I can do this in the GUI by unchecking "web page filters" and "incoming header filters" and turning on a custom user agent header filter. The site then works the way I want it to.

Can you give me a clue for say example.com and a user agent of:
Code:
Space Bison/0.02 [fu] (Win67; X; SK)

I really don't know where to start.
Apr. 04, 2012, 04:05 AM
Something like

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "Z: Bypass Web and In header filters at prxbx.com (fail)"
URL = "prxbx.com $FILTER(False)nevermatch(^)"

may turn off filtering after the 'out header' filters are finished and before the "in header" and 'web' filters start. The "nevermatch(^)" prevents the filter from matching and sending a header.

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "User-Agent: SpaceBison test (out) "
URL = "prxbx.com"
Match = "*"
Replace = "Space Bison/0.02 [fu] (Win67; X; SK)$FILTER(False)"

may change the User-Agent and then turn off filtering before the 'in header' and 'web' filters start and all the 'out header' filters finish.

HTH
Apr. 04, 2012, 07:35 AM
Thank you so much for trying, JJoe.

It does not work, I'm sorry to say, but, since I have a work around, I can accomplish what I need to by turning it off in the GUI.

I suppose it's possible I could do something with two proxos running by using the multiple patched version and setting one on a different port. Then I could forward the site to the second proxo and isolate the settings just for that site. I don't think I'll try it, though. Seems like too much. Big Teeth
Apr. 04, 2012, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 04, 2012 02:06 PM by JJoe.)
(Apr. 04, 2012 07:35 AM)dave Wrote:  It does not work,

They worked for me. Did you do your part correctly? Correct URL Match, click "Apply" after importing the filter, clear browser's cache and cookies?

Adding a $LOG

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
URL = "prxbx.com$LOG(R$DTM(c) AHIT)$FILTER(False)nevermatch(^)"

may let you use the Log window to see if your filter is used or where it fails.

HTH
Apr. 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
On retesting, the hits are logged in the log window and your filters do work fine except that I need to uncheck "User-Agent: Manage listed Strings" header filter for the new user agent filter to work.

However, the site still will not work as I want. I have tested this with my own OOB sidki_2011-12-22rc1.ptron so most likely the problem is not related to any mods I have made to my default config.

It will work as I want if I use your filters and uncheck "User-Agent: Manage listed Strings" header filter and uncheck "Web page filters" on the GUI.

Looking at the "Recent URLs" list, I see such items as google-analytics.com , adshost1.com , edge.quantserve.com and counter.yadro.ru . There are probably other ad/tracking related items.

My guess is that I need to uncheck "Web page filters" because there are other sites that are ad/tracking related that need to be bypassed for the site to work as I would like.

This is a free storage site and all that is required is an email address to sign up. The site is very busy and is a real pain to use unless I fake the user agent so it gives me the mobile interface. Then it is adequately useable. Where I am having poblems is uploading to the site. I think it would be too much to ask you to sign up just to try to deal with this problem that I have an easy work around for.

Thanks for your advice and if I'm missing something or you want to check out the site and test it yourself, let me know.
Apr. 04, 2012, 08:40 PM
(Apr. 04, 2012 06:58 PM)dave Wrote:  I need to uncheck "User-Agent: Manage listed Strings" header filter for the new user agent filter to work.

I didn't have that problem. Your header filters may not be ordering correctly.
You can set the user-agent in Exceptions-U, however.

(Apr. 04, 2012 06:58 PM)dave Wrote:  My guess is that I need to uncheck "Web page filters" because there are other sites that are ad/tracking related that need to be bypassed for the site to work as I would like.

A good guess. You could try adding a filter that is triggered by the referer header to handle these.

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
URL = "$OHDR(Referer:*.example.com)$FILTER(False)nevermatch(^)"

For the sidki set you might need something like

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
URL = "$TST(hOrigRef=*.example.com)$FILTER(False)nevermatch(^)"

http://proxomitron.info/45/help/Matching....html#OHDR

Not tested.

HTH
Apr. 04, 2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks JJoe, I think I'll just leave it as it is. I tried to construct a filter based on the referer like you showed, but it did not work. I probably did it wrong.