RapidShare (moved into "Website Customization")...
Oct. 30, 2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: Oct. 30, 2013 11:27 AM by ProxRocks.)
RE: RapidShare (moved into "Website Customization")...
That's what I've observed here also.

NOTHING ticks me off more than a website that FORCES its user to use a SPECIFIC browser !!! **ESPECIALLY** if that browser is Chrome/Chromium/F&ckfox !!!

Chrome/Chromium ONLY download sites seem to be the "wave" of the future (Mega started it, now RapidShare, even though both "claim" to work with all browsers), that tells me, in my paranoid browsing universe, that SOMETHING is being "communicated" *without* the consent of the user !!! But yeah, I'm sure it's just paranoia.

Seconded only by CRAPOLA "security" warnings like this Firefox POS !!!

Much appreciated for looking into it, please keep us posted...
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
Have you been able to discover anything more to make RapidShare more "behaved"?
Nov. 01, 2013, 03:02 AM
(Oct. 31, 2013 11:33 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  Have you been able to discover anything more

It's something to do with Half-SSL.

After I add

Code:
[^/]++rapidshare.com $SET(0=a_adcont_i.a_jsmeth.i_loc_j:0.)

, disable Half-SSL via filter dialog, and click to allow all content - then IE9 will download the file. I suspect a problem due to our "https-px-." prefix or a 'hidden' mixed content IE security issue. Hmmm.... This is why I've been using a Chrome variant.

BTW, disabling Half-SSL via Exception-U didn't fix things. I suspect an issue with our routine or my understanding of it.
Nov. 01, 2013, 10:00 AM
Chrome does have a command line startup switch that will totally and completely DISABLE any and all "security" checks...

I do commend them on being, so far, the ONLY browser, that I'm aware of, to give its user a way to DISABLE all of the "security" BULLSH&T Smile!