Google Updates...
Apr. 10, 2012, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 10, 2012 10:48 PM by ProxRocks.)
RE: Google Updates...
the "install chrome" CRAP is removed on my end NOT by the alternate display theme filters, but rather because i do not allow scripts by default...

if you deny scripts, that "install chrome" CRAP will not be there...
so i had forgotten all about that CRAP up in that corner, lol...

i will updated the alternate display filters in the next day or two to axe that also, thanks for pointing that out...

i'm still not sure why you are getting a blank page in Opera and Pale Moon...

oh, another thanks, i'm posting from Comodo Dragon 17.2 beta portable Smile!
i'm liking it so far, though i'm not really a fan of a browser without a "full-time status bar"...
just personal preference, i imagine that's something that just takes "getting used to"...
and it seems to take longer than it should to open a new tab...

edit: placing link here for future reference as this thread has rolled over to page four - http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 11, 2012, 01:10 AM
(Apr. 10, 2012 07:15 PM)soccerfan Wrote:  That is apparently the case. If I have edit opera site prefs to identify as IE,
I do see the google search page here: http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0
(even though the 'install chrome' logo at the top right is not filtered).
A search from that page works fine.

I don't know how to change user agent in palemoon (or proxo).

please check something for me...
at google's front page (not a search results page), using the "prox menu icon" in the lower right corner, check the "advanced mode" radio button and then click "go"...

(or skip that step if you already use "advanced mode"...)

now mouse-over the "site" text in the lower left corner, do you not see "f_ua_opie" in the list of keywords?

now go to a search results page and do the same, is "f_ua_opie" listed in a search results page site-hover?
Apr. 11, 2012, 02:25 AM
(Apr. 11, 2012 01:10 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  please check something for me...
at google's front page (not a search results page), using the "prox menu icon" in the lower right corner, check the "advanced mode" radio button and then click "go"...

(or skip that step if you already use "advanced mode"...)

now mouse-over the "site" text in the lower left corner, do you not see "f_ua_opie" in the list of keywords?

now go to a search results page and do the same, is "f_ua_opie" listed in a search results page site-hover?

I have been using the 'light' mode. Re: "f_ua_opie" here is what I see (in opera 11.62):
It is there: If going to main page : http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0
It is not there: If going to search results page (for 'proxomitron') http://www.google.com/search?query=proxo...complete=0

Thanks for your efforts in helping me Smile!

soccerfan
Apr. 11, 2012, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: Apr. 11, 2012 03:22 AM by ProxRocks.)
(Apr. 11, 2012 02:25 AM)soccerfan Wrote:  It is there: If going to main page : http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0
It is not there: If going to search results page (for 'proxomitron') http://www.google.com/search?query=proxo...complete=0

that's good, that's what you should see...

and EUREKA!
when i switch to "light mode", i too get a blank page at http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0 in Opera...

so whoala, now that i can repeat your view here, i should be able to see what's happening Smile!
and this is a first, "light mode" being problematic, that's usually the go-to that 'prevents' problems, lol...

i should be able to roll out another update in the next day or two...
Apr. 11, 2012, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: Apr. 11, 2012 03:40 AM by ProxRocks.)
in the "part 5" filter, the culprit is this line -
Code:
|<script\2google.j\3cc\4co\5</script>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - script killed -->\r\n\r\n)

i haven't narrowed it down further than that yet...
the script should be able to be killed, maybe it's "over-killing" by taking out TWO scripts instead of the targeted script, not sure yet...

at any rate, until i can dig deeper, you can just edit that line so that it no longer matches, something like -
Code:
|<script\2google-runs-too-many-scripts.j\3cc\4co\5</script>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - script killed -->\r\n\r\n)

edit: just debug'd in Opera, that line is "now" taking out FOUR scripts... Google edited their code (again)... the filter line was only supposed to be taking out one, not FOUR... but now that FOUR are there, just in that tiny section of html code, i'll have to dig deeper, no way in Hades is all FOUR of those "needed", lol... i'm counting NINE altogether, but i may have miscounted... for example, it is a "cursed script" that puts the 'install chrome' crap in the upper right corner, i'll have to double-check, but i'm pretty sure that was the only script the filter was "intentionally" axing... those of you that wish to run the other eight, that's your own call, lol...
Apr. 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
Down with Goo..gle! Down with goo..le!Mad with Teeth Thanks for the detective work. Cheers
I'll see if the line you posted above helps (in a while from now).

OT: If you like Iron, you can use the same profile with Dragon too.

soccerfan
Apr. 11, 2012, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 11, 2012 01:38 PM by ProxRocks.)
(Apr. 11, 2012 10:59 AM)soccerfan Wrote:  OT: If you like Iron, you can use the same profile with Dragon too.

technically, the ONLY browser i "like" is GreenBrowser...

i "tolerate" Opera, Pale Moon, Iron/Dragon SOLELY for the sake of ensuring a "public release" set of Google filters be useable by more than just IE/IE-shell users Smile!

i "was" using multi-engine browsers (Lunascape, Avant, Maxthon, Sleipnir, CoolNovo) for that testing...

but found them to be a bit slow (not at rendering web pages, but at simply opening the browser, rendering speed is fine and dandy)..

or found them to be a bit on the unstable side...

that said though, GreenBrowser's FIRST RUN after a reboot is also slow...
but subsequent openings are much MUCH faster than ANYTHING else i've ever tried...
keeping in mind though that i do NOT use "installed" web browsers, i ONLY use "portable" web browsers...

[7zip will unzip Dragon's "setup exe" and the uncompressed folders are runable, no need to "install" even though it has a 'portable install mode']
Apr. 12, 2012, 12:39 AM
updates attached...

now also requires an entry to "Exceptions-U.txt" -
Code:
# Google Search - results pages
www.google.(*/)+{1}(search|webhp)\?
    $SET(0=a_code.i_script:2.i_level:4.)

(actually, always has needed this entry to work as intended... for example, the preview feature would work for people using Light Mode, but would not for Standard or Advanced without the 'a_code' keyword... other nuances from mode to mode have also been noted recently...)

Attached File(s)
.txt  google-updates - 4-11-12.txt (Size: 10.11 KB / Downloads: 712)
Apr. 12, 2012, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: Apr. 12, 2012 01:45 AM by soccerfan.)
Thanks. I'll add your included code to exceptions-U.txt
and check out the updated filters in the next day or two.

soccerfan
Apr. 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
Tried with prox-config-sidki_2011-12-22rc1 in Light Mode with your "google updates".
The good news (but with a caveat):

Palemoon and Opera work ok provided the filter ". + Google Toggle: Left NavBar"
is checked (and placed just above your "Google Search: Alternate Display - Part 1")
If this filter is not checked, the left nav-bar "seeps" through the search results.
So, somehow this Left NavBar filter interferes and does not play nice.

Adding the following entry to "Exceptions-U.txt" does not seem to change anything
Code:
# Google Search - results pages
www.google.(*/)+{1}(search|webhp)\?
     $SET(0=a_code.i_script:2.i_level:4.)

Thanks for your help Thumbs Up
By the way, I am also a portable fan. I have not used an ie based browser in a while.
My mainstay has been k-meleon but their lead devs have moved on and it is unlikely
to progress any further. I tried palemoon only after you mentioned it in this thread. Wink

soccerfan
Apr. 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
hmm, interesting...
i'm not using the Left NavBar filter here...
i have it UNCHECKED because my filters take out the NavBar...

i would UNCHECK that filter, i'd actually not 'expect it to' "play nice" with mine, we don't want two filters targeting the same thing...

do you have a search example that shows the NavBar "seeping through"?
Apr. 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
(Apr. 12, 2012 03:46 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  do you have a search example that shows the NavBar "seeping through"?

It occurs for all search results. Try http://www.google.com/search?query=proxo...complete=0
Here is what I see:

.png  opera_filter_on.png (Size: 68.97 KB / Downloads: 682)
.png  opera_filter_off.png (Size: 88.53 KB / Downloads: 689)

soccerfan
Apr. 12, 2012, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 12, 2012 04:38 PM by ProxRocks.)
what happens if you up the byte limit on "part 5" from 12000 to 13000 or 14000? (keeping that NavBar filter UNCHECKED)...

google "force feeds" a LARGER "leftnav" to Opera and Firefox than it does to Chrome...
my "conspiracy theory" is that they want their own beloved Chrome to appear to be "faster" when it reality it's just being fed fewer btyes...
Apr. 12, 2012, 06:58 PM
I tried 13000, then 14000, then 15000 (with leftnav filter unchecked). No change.
As soon as I check it, things go back to 'normal'.
The google filters I have checked at this time are shown in the two attachments:

.png  google1.png (Size: 14.3 KB / Downloads: 608)
.png  google2.png (Size: 13.71 KB / Downloads: 619)

soccerfan
Apr. 12, 2012, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 12, 2012 08:47 PM by ProxRocks.)
try this, "part 5" needs updated -
only one line changes, but here's the whole thing -
Code:
Name = "Google Search: Alternate Display - Part 5     12.04.12 {PFR} [add]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TST(hCT=*html)(*.)+{1}google."
Limit = 12000
Match = "(<div style="background\2"\3</div>(\4</ol>|))$SET(1=<!-- Sponsored Links Killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<td\2id="logo"\3</td>$SET(1=<!-- IE/Iron - logo killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div class="nojsv"\2id=logo\3</div>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - logo killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<td valign="top" style="padding-left:9px" width="559"><form\2method="GET" action="\7"\3>\4id="sbhost"\5>\6</td>"
        "$SET(1=<div><form method="GET" action="\7">\4width="100%" "
        "style="border-bottom:1px solid #8DC7BB;padding:8px;position:relative">\6</div>\r\n\r\n<!-- IE/Iron - search form adjusted -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div style="padding-bottom:2px;padding-top:1px">"
        "$SET(1=</div></div></div><div style="padding-left:8px;padding-right:8px;">\r\n\r\n<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - search form adjusted -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<input class="lst lst-tbb"\2/>$SET(1=<input class="lst lst-tbb" style="background:white;"\2/>\r\n\r\n<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - search form background adjusted -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<td style\2SafeSearch\3</td>$SET(1=<!-- IE/Iron - SafeSearch Indicator Killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<td> <div class="nojsv"\2id=ss-bar\3SafeSearch\4</td>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - SafeSearch Indicator Killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div id="tbbc"\2</div>$SET(1=<!-- IE/Iron - tbbc killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<span id="taw"\2id=tbbc\3</span></div>\s<div></div>\4</span>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - tbbc killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<tr><td valign="top" id="leftnav"\2</td>$SET(1=</table><!-- IE/Iron - leftnav killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div id="leftnavc"\2More search tools\3</div></div></div>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - leftnav killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<p id="bfl"\2</p>$SET(1=<!-- bfl killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div id="fll"\2</div>$SET(1=<!-- fll Help killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div style="font-size:16px;padding:4px 8px 0">Searches related to\2</table>$SET(1=<!-- IE/Iron - related searches killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<div class="med" style="text-align:left">Searches related to\2</a></div>$SET(1=<!-- Opera/Pale Moon - related searches killed -->\r\n\r\n)"
        "|<cite>\2</cite>$SET(1=<cite><span class="flc">\2</span></cite>)"
        "|>Cached</a>$SET(1=><span class="flc">Cached</span></a>)"
        "|>Similar</a>$SET(1=><span class="flc">Similar</span></a>)"
        "|<td style="width:25%;word-wrap:break-word">$SET(1=<td style="width:25%;padding-left:65px;word-wrap:break-word">)"
        "|<div id="subform_ctrl"><div style="float:right">$SET(1=<div id="subform_ctrl"><div style="float:right;margin-right:12px;">)"
        "|($TST(a=odd))<blockquote style="margin-bottom:0">$SET(1=<blockquote style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -0.5em; margin-right: -0.5em;"
        " background-color: #EFCDF8; padding-left: 1em; padding-right: 1em;">)"
        "|($TST(a=even))<blockquote style="margin-bottom:0">$SET(1=<blockquote style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -0.5em; margin-right: -0.5em;"
        " background-color: #F8E9FC; padding-left: 1em; padding-right: 1em;">)"
        "|<span class="csb ch" style="background-position:(-|)[#0:100](px|) 0;(float:right;|)width:[#0:100]px">$SET(1=<span style="display:block;margin-left:15px">)"
        "|<span style="display:block;margin-(right|left)\2:(35|53)px(;|")(clear:right"|)>$SET(1=<span style="display:block;margin-\2:15px;clear:right;">)"
        "|max-width$TST(tStyle=*)*(;|?(^(^\})))"
        "|#center_col,"
Replace = "\1"

edit: edited within five minutes of first posting, if, odds against, you already copied it, please copy a second time...