Facebook up to old tricks
Sep. 09, 2011, 04:18 PM
RE: Facebook up to old tricks
(Sep. 09, 2011 10:49 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  hmm, just a guess, but i suspect that is due to that being a change made by facebook at the same time they made the change that 'tested' for user agent string...

You got me baffled by that one ProxRocks! Is that to do with the last adjustments we made to FB in January http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1714

Kind Regards

Scoop
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 10, 2011, 12:04 AM
no, i'm thinkin' that the "owners" of Facebook that write the code for the web site changed something on their end that they decided to start "testing" for user-agent string and provide different code to different browsers - happens all the time...

i'm just assuming that when the Facebook code-writers did that, they ALSO changed the code for whether an external link opened in a new tab/window or 're-used' the current window...
Sep. 10, 2011, 12:18 AM
(Sep. 09, 2011 04:18 PM)scoop Wrote:  the last adjustments we made to FB in January http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1714

If both adjustments are needed, you should use something like

Code:
[^/]++.facebook.com/                            $SET(0=a_adscr.i_ua:0.)

HTH
Sep. 10, 2011, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 10, 2011 09:56 AM by scoop.)
(Sep. 10, 2011 12:18 AM)JJoe Wrote:  
(Sep. 09, 2011 04:18 PM)scoop Wrote:  the last adjustments we made to FB in January http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1714

If both adjustments are needed, you should use something like

Code:
[^/]++.facebook.com/                            $SET(0=a_adscr.i_ua:0.)

HTH

JJoe, Brilliant stuff. Thank you so much, your work along with the rest of the proxomitron gurus here means so much to me.

I should really learn how to create all these fixes myself, ive only been using the program since Naoko2!!!. Couldnt use the internet without it, I once tried Ad muncher and uninstalled right away!

Kind Regards

Scoop
Oct. 13, 2011, 12:11 PM
Hmm

Give IE9 a go again and its not working correctly, buttons not appearing on page.

Kind Regards

Scoop
Oct. 13, 2011, 11:51 PM
(Oct. 13, 2011 12:11 PM)scoop Wrote:  Hmm

Give IE9 a go again and its not working correctly, buttons not appearing on page.

I don't think I see it.
Could your problem be due to other filters, http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1837 .
Oct. 31, 2011, 10:09 PM
(Oct. 13, 2011 11:51 PM)JJoe Wrote:  

I don't think I see it.
Could your problem be due to other filters, http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1837 .

Ive disabled that one and its still playing up, no buttons showing and at the bottom of page where the button says more stories you click on it and nothing happens, could you possible send me the filter set you are useing for me to try??

Kind Regards

Scoop
Nov. 01, 2011, 01:19 AM
(Oct. 31, 2011 10:09 PM)scoop Wrote:  

I don't think I see it.

Ive disabled that one and its still playing up, no buttons showing and at the bottom of page where the button says more stories you click on it and nothing happens,

Which buttons and where would I find the button that says "more stories"? I don't use facebook. The account that I borrow is rarely used and empty. I have looked around with IE9 (Proxomitron in bypass).

Which browser and document mode is your browser in? IE9 modes seem buggy to me.

(Oct. 31, 2011 10:09 PM)scoop Wrote:  could you possible send me the filter set you are useing for me to try??

Definitely would not help you. I have facebook and associated addresses blocked.

ATM, life and IE9 are blocking a published update.
Nov. 01, 2011, 11:16 AM
(Nov. 01, 2011 01:19 AM)JJoe Wrote:  
(Oct. 31, 2011 10:09 PM)scoop Wrote:  

I don't think I see it.

Ive disabled that one and its still playing up, no buttons showing and at the bottom of page where the button says more stories you click on it and nothing happens,

Which buttons and where would I find the button that says "more stories"? I don't use facebook. The account that I borrow is rarely used and empty. I have looked around with IE9 (Proxomitron in bypass).

Which browser and document mode is your browser in? IE9 modes seem buggy to me.

(Oct. 31, 2011 10:09 PM)scoop Wrote:  could you possible send me the filter set you are useing for me to try??

Definitely would not help you. I have facebook and associated addresses blocked.

ATM, life and IE9 are blocking a published update.

Its one of those ones thats difficult to explain JJoe. Think I just stick with IE8 for now and wait for a published update.

Kind Regards

Scoop
Dec. 09, 2011, 12:15 PM
oldish thread, but...

try:
Look for some distinctive text near the trouble area of the page.
Then go to proxo log window, context click, "HTML Debug Info"
Go back to IE, and reload page. You'll see "<match..... >" info scattered through the html "code".
Do a text find for that distinctive text.
Look to see if there is a "<match..... >" nearby the trouble area that might be causing the trouble.

This reminds me that sometimes you may disable some filters, then click "cancel" button to close the list.

But that "cancel" is misleading, because Proxo doesn't restore the filters' disable/enable statuses to their disable/enable as when you opened the list. Proxo has saved your last fiddling disable/enable settings.

And it can be difficult to recall which filters you tried disabling.

Workaround: sometimes i mouse select a few filters that I will try disabling, then try combinations of disable/enable.
When done experimenting, i can see those filters are still mouse selected, and I manually restore those filters' enabled status.

This can still be "dangerous" if you want to see different filters. When you enter a new list filter, that "unselects" the mouse selections.

So to restore the disable/enable status of the filters, i close the list, then reload default config.
And hopefully, i have not done some earlier work and forgotten to save that :-(
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sbk for this post:
scoop