please help
Jul. 23, 2011, 07:57 AM
please help
i want to know how to run your freedom , tor , ultrasurf using proxomitron
can we run any other programmes using proxomitron ?
the only thing that i know runs by proxomitrons is the opera . can we run firefox using proxomitron ?
also proxomitron doesn't download except 4 shared . it doesn't download from any other site . is there a solution to this ?
and are there any other headers we can add to proxomitrons .
i myself know a method to run your freedom using proxomitron but when your freedom find its servers , it doesn't send or receive
please help me to run other programmes using proxomitron because it is an amazing programme
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 23, 2011, 09:48 PM
RE: please help
(Jul. 23, 2011 07:57 AM)moaazaboud Wrote:  using proxomitron because it is an amazing programme

Why do you want to use the Proxomitron?
Jul. 24, 2011, 10:39 AM
(Jul. 23, 2011 09:48 PM)JJoe Wrote:  [quote='moaazaboud' pid='15607' dateline='1311407842']
using proxomitron because it is an amazing programme

Why do you want to use the Proxomitron?

[/quo
because it is the fastest programme i have ever seen to browse very quickly .
will u help me ?
tell me how can proxomitron forward http to other programmes like your freedom or ultra surf ?
Jul. 24, 2011, 12:21 PM
i fear that you don't really see the Proxomitron for what it really is...
i feel that you see the Proxomitron as a "security tool" for 'increased PRIVACY' and it ISN'T...

if all you seek is chaining several "security tools" in 'series' for the sake of "privacy enhancement" and attempting to be so-called "anonymous" (an outright MYTH, btw), then the Proxomitron is really not what you are looking for...
Jul. 24, 2011, 03:22 PM
(Jul. 24, 2011 12:21 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  i fear that you don't really see the Proxomitron for what it really is...
i feel that you see the Proxomitron as a "security tool" for 'increased PRIVACY' and it ISN'T...

if all you seek is chaining several "security tools" in 'series' for the sake of "privacy enhancement" and attempting to be so-called "anonymous" (an outright MYTH, btw), then the Proxomitron is really not what you are looking for...
no i just want to run your freedom through proxomitron
i should write in your freedom in the proxy : 127.0.0.1 port : 8080
but the problem is that your freedom finds its servers but it didn't send or receive any thing from proxomitron
i want to know how proxomitron forward http to other programmes
please help me and explain the header " x-online-host"
Jul. 24, 2011, 09:20 PM
(Jul. 24, 2011 03:22 PM)moaazaboud Wrote:  no i just want to run your freedom through proxomitron
i should write in your freedom in the proxy : 127.0.0.1 port : 8080
but the problem is that your freedom finds its servers but it didn't send or receive any thing from proxomitron

http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid15571

Quote:"Your-freedom" appears to be a local proxy, written in Java. Like the Proxomitron, the browser can be set to use the "Your-freedom" local proxy on localhost:8080 or 127.0.0.1:8080.

To use "Your-freedom" with the Proxomitron requires 'chaining' the proxies together. I would try setting the browser to use the Proxomitron and setting the Proxomitron to use the "Your-freedom" proxy. The address of one of the proxies needs to be changed. They cannot both use 8080.
The Proxomitron may need to be 'socksified' to use the "Your-freedom" socks proxy.

(Jul. 24, 2011 03:22 PM)moaazaboud Wrote:  please help me and explain the header " x-online-host"

From Google it appears to be a header added by some java or mobile apps.

A worry is that users may be overconfident.
I have used the Proxomitron for security and privacy (and I'm reasonably sure it works Wink ). Those who need to ask how to chain proxies probably lack the knowledge to configure things and be reasonably sure that they work, however.

Another worry is that I have little time to help and you asked many questions. Wink

HTH