Proxomitron and AIM
Mar. 13, 2004, 12:09 AM

Hey guys! Have any of you been able to get Proxom to work with AIM? I've tried and tried, but it wont work. It freezes right when I log on. I've tried bypassing Proxo when I run it, adding the aol domains that it uses to logon to the bypass list and nothing works. I'm guessing this is somewhat similar to getting Proxo to work with AOL which I've heard is almost impossible. But I don't have AOL just the instant messenger...thank God!

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 13, 2004, 01:12 AM

Hi, i can't really help with AOL's client but i do use AIM with Trillian. No problems so far Smile!
Mar. 13, 2004, 01:56 AM

Ya right now I'm using Trillian, but I don't like it as much. It doesn't show the links in people profiles correctly and you can't see the other persons font. it's same as your font.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Mar. 13, 2004, 02:44 AM

Hmm ... another idea would be checking if the AOL client is sending a unique user-agent string and then bypassing that one. If so, i'm posting my config soon where you can add that ua to a bypass section in a list. Or try it yourself: HTTP-Header: User-Agent, Out, Replace: $FILTER(false)