[F] Update to Google Filters (support for Google SSL)
Aug. 01, 2011, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: Aug. 01, 2011 09:27 AM by Mele20.)
RE: [F] Update to Google Filters (support for Google SSL)
I have the same problem with Fx4 in that with the Standard Image search at Google the "show more results" button does not work.

However, that is a horrible search! As long as Google allows Basic Image search I will use that and it works just fine on Fx4.

I don't do image searches often...I don't use Google hardly ever...I use Scroogle instead. When did Google change to that awful Standard image search?

Opera 10.62 (I have 11.5 but I don't like any 11 version and I don't know if 11+ can do Standard search - it probably can) cannot do the Standard search. It only does the Basic thus there is no non-working button on it.

Hmmm....on Fx there is no way to BEGIN image search using Basic Search. You have to do the Standard search and THEN switch to basic. UGH.

How come I can't switch the Safe Search from Moderate to Off in Fx4? Also, how come only 18 images per page but 100 for Web search? On Opera Safe Search is set to Off, but I don't know how since I never have made a profile there and the only cookie is Proxo's. I also get only 18 images in Opera per page. The 18 images only is when I use Basic Image search on either Fx or Opera.

If I use Standard search on either browser I get 100 images per page. But I don't like Standard search.

There is another Proxo problem on Fx4, but not on Opera, and that is text on top of text if trying to click on Safe Search or Advanced Search. This is on both Standard Search and Basic Search. If I bypass Proxo it displays correctly. If I try several times to position the mouse in one very specific spot on those buttons then they work but I try repeatedly until I hit just the right spot since the buttons are so crowded together.

Attached File(s)
.png  Sunday, July 31, 2011 22;58;40001.png (Size: 28.6 KB / Downloads: 742)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [F] Update to Google Filters (support for Google SSL) - Mele20 - Aug. 01, 2011 08:47 AM