Error loading JavaScript (Prototype)
May. 17, 2010, 11:14 PM
Error loading JavaScript (Prototype)
Hello!
I’m using BFilter for a week and it is a fine tool. No problems, good filtering options. But then I discovered a website where the JavaScript was not running. Hm. I checked the url if there was some filtering but I could not find any. With bypass the JavaScript runs fine.

Now I had a look at the log. And there was it. The site loads a JavaScript containing the framework Prototype. But I only get Error response (red x). This is only for Prototype.js. Even on this forum page here! The URL http://prxbx.com/forums/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1400 cannot be loaded if requested from a webpage. Take a look in the request log and load one page from this forum.

Can somebody help? This seems a bug because the script can indeed be loaded, if I enter the URL directly in the browser’s address bar. This is no filtering issue because even with complete empty url filter file it won’t be loaded.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 18, 2010, 06:51 AM
RE: Error loading JavaScript (Prototype)
Sorry, I can't help you, as BFilter is no longer being developed.
May. 18, 2010, 08:52 AM
RE: Error loading JavaScript (Prototype)
Too bad. :-( It is a very nifty tool, and your current used software AdBlock (for Chrome) doesn’t work the same way since it still loads all the ads. Do you have a recommendation for another easy-to-use proxy software with a similar approach? I tried Proxomitron but that is even older and the developer died some years ago.