bfilter no longer starts
Jan. 21, 2010, 05:31 PM
bfilter no longer starts
Hi. I'm using the bfilter package supplied by Debian Squeeze. It has abruptly stopped launching:

/etc/init.d/bfilter start

Starting bfilter: bfilter: malloc.c:3096: sYSMALLOc: Assertion `(old_top == (((mbinptr) (((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd_nextsize))+((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1))) && ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long)old_end & pagemask) == 0)' failed.
Aborted

BTW - I am using the Debian BigMem kernel since I have 8B of RAM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 21, 2010, 08:11 PM
RE: bfilter no longer starts
Unfortunately I have no idea of what could be the reason for that.

Sadly, BFilter is most likely going to be removed from the next versions of Debian and other Linux distributions anyway. The reason is that new versions of Mozilla's JavaScript engine changed the way you can protect your application from scripts running infinitely. The change is quite fundamental and would require significant effort to adapt BFilter for. Since I stopped developing BFilter a while ago, I am not willing to invest that amount of effort into it. There is also no one else who would be able and willing to do it. Sorry about that.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply