hi new and want to learn..
Aug. 21, 2009, 11:40 PM
hi new and want to learn..
hi guys,i was reading on wilder's security about proximotron and sidki's configuration..heard is really great.about ad-blocking
and was looking for something to work for IE8.
but ..don't know anything about this program
will this interfiere with my firewal router settings?
..does it work for all browsers?..
how van i use the program and sidki's config?

thanks in advance.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 22, 2009, 12:28 AM
RE: hi new and want to learn..
your firewall will need to allow Proxo access to the web AND allow your browser access to Proxo (assuming your firewall checks "loopbacks")...

i myself use Proxo with GreenBrowser, Opera, Sleipnir, Maxthon, SlimBrowser, Iron, Chrome, and Firefox, among others just to try 'em out, but the browsers listed are my "maintained" browsers, pretty much always latest-and-greatest (i no longer waste my time with betas though)...

the IE Shells i use as shells to IE6, 7, and 8 (though 98% of the time strictly to IE8)...

i will not even use Winamp without it going through Proxo (for Winamp's port 80 activity only, not the audio streams themselves)...

your browser will need set up for HTTP (and HTTPS, but that's "optional") traffic to go through "localhost:8080" then Proxo set to "listen" for traffic on port 8080...

getting to know Proxo isn't for the faint of heart, but trust me, once you do, you'll NEVER browse the 'net without it...
Aug. 22, 2009, 04:02 AM
RE: hi new and want to learn..
ok thanks for the instructions,,i'll have to read more,
thanks again.