Google Maps with 2-13 (06-06) config
Jun. 16, 2009, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 16, 2009 05:02 PM by nightfishing.)
Google Maps with 2-13 (06-06) config
(Using Opera 10+Sidki 2009-02-13 with all patches)

Google Maps is entirely broken with Proxo ON and I cannot seem to COMPLETELY bypass Proxo on the site unless I manually turn it off.

I have the usual entries in my Bypass List, but it still is borking the site. (only borked when signed in to google)

Any help with what I need to do would be appreciated.

TIA
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 16, 2009, 03:29 PM
RE: Google Maps with newest beta config
I don't have Opera 10 Beta.

Dragging/double-clicking a map spot works for me as expected in Opera 9.63, with the 02-13 (update 06-06) config, and with the alpha 2 config (both OOB). There is no current beta config.
Jun. 16, 2009, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 16, 2009 04:48 PM by nightfishing.)
Thanks for the response, Sidki.

The js was being fed from:

maps.gstatic.com

and that was the entry I needed (somewhere along the line either the page feeding the script was changed, or I dropped it out of my bypass list.)

I would prefer a more elegant solution as opposed to bypassing the site.

The features fail if (1) you are logged in and (2) if you try to access "My Maps" or "Get Directions". I get stuck with the "slow loading, try basic message". When not logged in, it seems fine (I remember this being an issue with Opera a looong time ago, also). When bypassing Proxo (and feeding the intended js) it works fine.

I do not think it is a Op10 issue (was borked on 9.6x).

This is all with the 2/13 (6/6) file untouched.

If it helps here are the two js files:

unaltered:http://www.halfbakedschemes.com/test/main.js
prox'd:http://www.halfbakedschemes.com/test/mainPRX.js
Jun. 16, 2009, 05:23 PM
Ahh okay. I can reproduce the problem, but it isn't config related here.
"Get Directions" and "My Maps" always hangs for me in Opera 9, no matter if Prox bypassed or not, logged in or not. It does work for me in Firefox and IE.

(Jun. 16, 2009 04:29 PM)nightfishing Wrote:  If it helps here are the two js files:

unaltered:http://www.halfbakedschemes.com/test/main.js
prox'd:http://www.halfbakedschemes.com/test/mainPRX.js

The only potentially relevant hits i see in http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_ALL/mapf...s2/main.js are:
Code:
<Match: Block/Modify: Sel. JS Methods     09.06.16 [sd] (d.r) >
location.
</Match>

keyword -> SET(0=i_loc_j:0.)

Code:
<Match: Block/Modify: Sel. JS Properties     07.04.02 [sd] (d.2) >
.userAgent
</Match>

keyword -> $SET(0=i_ua:2.)
Jun. 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
RE: Google Maps with 2-13 (06-06) config
One of the "issues" with Opera (and has been for as long as I remember) is that it will NOT reload the js files (among other things) from the server during a session regardless of how many times you hit "reload". Opera MUST be shut down and restarted to get the clean js files.

So, if you go to Google maps with Prox "on" and load the page, it will never work unless you turn Prox "off" shut down Opera, reopen Opera and then reload.

From a clean start, Maps is working fine (as it is with the gstatic page on the bypass list)

Makes it hard to troubleshoot, to say the least, not to mention almost impossible to use Opera when building a website.
Jun. 16, 2009, 06:25 PM
Yes, i'm aware of that issue. Between each Prox on/off & log in/out i selected "delete private data" (which clears cookies and cache) and restarted the browser.
Jun. 16, 2009, 07:02 PM
Maybe it was a fix with 10x?

I have pretty much given up on maps working in opera for more than a week or two at a time (LOL).
Jun. 16, 2009, 07:27 PM
Maybe Opera 10's "profile\browser.js" is hot-patching Google's main.js (-> "Opera has modified..." message in the error console) and can't find the entry point after our modifications.
Jun. 16, 2009, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 16, 2009 07:51 PM by Graycode.)
(Jun. 16, 2009 06:10 PM)nightfishing Wrote:  Opera MUST be shut down and restarted to get the clean js files.

Have you tried holding down a SHIFT key as you click on Reload? I use that with most browsers, it seems to work for me in Opera as well.

Edit: Sorry, I see now that Opera still sends its 'If-Modified-Since" and "If-None-Match" headers doing a Shift-Reload. The servers give a "304 Not Modified" response, which would not give Proxo a chance to re-filter the content differently.
Jun. 16, 2009, 07:51 PM
Also try CONTROL+F5 or CONTROL+"Click on reload".
Jun. 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
I added a few entries into my bypass list, and Google maps hadn't really caused me an issue.
What I have added:
[^/]++mt([#0:5]).google.com
[^/]++kh([#0:5]).google.com
[^/]++local.google.com
[^/]++www.google.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/
[^/]++*(map|maps)*

With those, Google maps would load and work pretty well.
I just checked source and saw other sites referenced, like maps.gstatic.com and maps.gmodules.com, but I guess my wildcard entry covered those.

Just thought I'd throw that in there, since I use Opera (9.64, 10 beta), as well as Chrome, Kmeleon, Firefox, IE, and I've had no real issues when using the above entries.

I just placed them in Bypass-List; I imagine I could figure out exactly what they were using and just specify those in IncludeExclude, but since it works for now I'll just let it slide.
Jun. 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
(Jun. 26, 2009 09:22 PM)myzdoxae Wrote:  I just checked source and saw other sites referenced, like maps.gstatic.com and maps.gmodules.com, but I guess my wildcard entry covered those.

Doesn't your entry bypass any address that has "map" in it?
Like all those at
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=map&as_occt=url
?

I wouldn't want to do that.

Also, how is
[^/]++*(map|maps)*
better than
*map*
?

Since the Bypass List doesn't need the final *,
couldn't you add just
*map
?
Jun. 27, 2009, 01:09 AM
(Jun. 26, 2009 11:49 PM)JJoe Wrote:  
(Jun. 26, 2009 09:22 PM)myzdoxae Wrote:  I just checked source and saw other sites referenced, like maps.gstatic.com and maps.gmodules.com, but I guess my wildcard entry covered those.

Doesn't your entry bypass any address that has "map" in it?
Like all those at
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=map&as_occt=url
?

I wouldn't want to do that.

Also, how is
[^/]++*(map|maps)*
better than
*map*
?

Since the Bypass List doesn't need the final *,
couldn't you add just
*map
?

Didn't know the Bypass List didn't know the trailing *.
*map works.

Also, yeah, bypassing any URL with map is not a good/safe thing to do. I should probably work on fixing that...
Jun. 27, 2009, 02:09 AM
At some point you may want to make your entries hashable.
http://www.proxomitron.info/45/help/Bloc...ation.html

Code:
[^/]++mt([#0:5]).google.com
[^/]++kh([#0:5]).google.com
[^/]++local.google.com

are not hashable.

Code:
[^/]++.google.com/&(mt|kh)[#0:5].
[^/]++local.google.com/
[^/]++local.google.com:

are.

Have fun.