Various IncludeExclude list suggestions
Jun. 05, 2009, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 06, 2009 02:04 AM by sidki3003.)
Various IncludeExclude list suggestions
edit by sidki: Thread split from Alpha config, possibly

The Youtube fix solved the "get new flash player" issue for me (using the 2/13 cfg). I was just about to post that problem.

2 questions:
When site-specific issues like that happen, should they be posted in the config thread or a new thread?
Are the configs that are available for download updated with these new fixes, or do I need to find them here and add them manually?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 05, 2009, 08:40 PM
RE: Alpha config, possibly
(Jun. 05, 2009 07:45 PM)zoltan Wrote:  When site-specific issues like that happen, should they be posted in the config thread or a new thread?

As for the alpha, better in this very thread. Or explicitly labeled "Alpha 2". Otherwise it may confuse people.

As for the 2/13 release, site-specific issues appearing due to changed code should go into a separate (but not necessarily new) thread, while generic bugs which don't require extensive discussion may be posted in the main thread.

Quote:Are the configs that are available for download updated with these new fixes, or do I need to find them here and add them manually?

Manually. I'm in process of compiling a regular 2/13 config update, but that takes time.

Even then it would just contain the changes posted in the "confirmed fixes" thread.
Plus a few more that appeared recently. But only a few of the posted enhancements (blocking 3rd party cookies probably being one of those few).
Jun. 05, 2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks. I have been unsure about how to manage changes. Most have been added at the bottom of IncludeExclude-U. I assume that when a new full config is available it won't be necessary to add them again (that is if they were posted in a sidki subforum thread).
Jun. 05, 2009, 09:23 PM
Yep. Unless i forgot something.
The changes in the "fixes" thread are already in. Plus Y!Mail, The Onion, YouTube. I'm currently having problems to get Google anti-ajax in though.

If i've missed anything posted in another thread, let me know.
Jun. 05, 2009, 11:44 PM
(Jun. 05, 2009 09:23 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  If i've missed anything posted in another thread, let me know.

looks like that covers 'em and nothin's been missed...
Jun. 06, 2009, 01:04 AM
OK, here's an example of something I had in mind earlier. I just went to live.com's maps and found them not working. Turns out Microsoft has changed the URL from "live" to "bing," so I just changed my IncludeExclude-U entry from
Code:
maps.live.com/    $SET(0=i_level:1.)
to
www.bing.com/maps/     $SET(0=i_level:1.)
and now it works fine. It seems important enough to share here and add to the config, but doesn't really seem like a topic for further discussion. With code changes at various sites, it looks like this would happen pretty often.
Jun. 06, 2009, 02:05 AM
RE: Various IncludeExclude list suggestions
Thread split (unrelated to alpha config).

Confirmed, but no time to look at it right now (sledgehammer "i_level:1" not being suitable for an entry in the general list).
Jun. 06, 2009, 03:38 PM
RE: Various IncludeExclude list suggestions
Okay, it's in, along with allowing for the fancy transition effects on the Bing frontpage.
Thanks for the heads-up. Smile!