Get rid of [Toggle | Flash]
Jun. 02, 2009, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: Jun. 02, 2009 03:30 AM by ardarby.)
Get rid of [Toggle | Flash]
OK, I give up, how do I get rid of this annoying feature?

I go to a site done in Flash and before I can view any page, I have to <click> on [Toggle] (or [Flash]).

TIA

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 02, 2009, 04:04 AM
RE: Get rid of [Toggle | Flash]
Hi,

You can choose to have Flash animations playing by default by enabling "Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default". Smile!
Visit this user's website
Jun. 02, 2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks Kye-U, but that didn't solve it.

In addition to the [Toggle | Flash] button, I'm also seeing at the lower left little:
• cookies !flash [timer] buttons which come up with "strange" displays if I hover over them.

On the lower right corner, I'm seeing a "white triangle" in a "green box", with a "white border", which when hovered over shows a lot Proxo options.

I know I've been away for a while, but what's going on?

BTW, here's the site: http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop.html

Al
Jun. 02, 2009, 07:59 AM
did you refresh you cache?
Jun. 02, 2009, 05:04 PM
Quote:I'm also seeing at the lower left little:
• cookies !flash [timer] buttons which come up with "strange" displays if I hover over them.

If you don't want to see any of that I think that you can set your sidki set to a lower filtering level. (HEADER filters - type "mode" in the search, you're supposed to tick ONLY ONE of those options - and remember to save, clear the browser cache, and even restart the browser if you're using opera for example).
You might wanna try level 2 or even 1.
There's also a way of doing it the hard way, while keeping the filtering (that is disabling a couple of filters).

Sidki, did a VERY GOOD job documenting everything, you might want to check out the "sidki-etc" folder inside the proxomitron one. Wink

Quote:On the lower right corner, I'm seeing a "white triangle" in a "green box", with a "white border", which when hovered over shows a lot Proxo options.

As for the proxo menu, just let it be... (can be disabled too - hint: search for MENU in Web page filters). But you'll be missing a lot of useful things you can do with it. Wink
Jun. 02, 2009, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 02, 2009 11:19 PM by ardarby.)
Thanks for the Hedzup on Sidki's documentation, will check it out.

Happy to leave the other stuff in, it's not the least bit distracting, just didn't know what was going on. I know … "RTFM" Banging Head

Al
Jun. 03, 2009, 12:28 AM
no prob, happy to help!
Jun. 03, 2009, 04:23 AM
Interestingly (well, for me anyway), I've just now noticed some of these little "Proxo Menus" showing up in Skype and WL Messenger.

Al
Jun. 03, 2009, 06:59 AM
That might be because those apps are using your IE proxy setting.