BBC weather page
Apr. 09, 2009, 07:15 AM
BBC weather page
Ever since bbc changed to there new style weather page I have been unable to view it correctly with sidki filter set proxomitron enabled. ive tried adding it to my list of unfiltered pages but it still wont play.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/
Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Scoop
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 09, 2009, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: Apr. 10, 2009 01:20 PM by sidki3003.)
RE: BBC weather page
The problem is that more and more sites are tightly connecting multimedia content with advertisements. I don't know what to do about that.

Anyway, try adding these two entries to IncludeExclude-U:
Code:
news.bbc.co.uk/weather/            $SET(0=a_adscr.)
newsimg.bbc.co.uk/js/app/weather/    $SET(0=a_adfn2.)

edit: Defunct entry replaced:
news.bbc.co.uk/(weather/$SET(0=a_adscr.)|$SET(sUserJS=var BBC=BBC||{};))
Apr. 09, 2009, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 09, 2009 02:25 PM by lnminente.)
Sidki, the ghostery filter is doing a good work there. I moved it to incoming headers and loging the content-types matched to a file to late fine tune it. Most of these flash ads have as content type video/* or flash flv, and use to come from doubleclick...
Apr. 09, 2009, 02:42 PM
It's not that the config isn't catching enough ads. It's more the other way around.

In the BBC case, but also in most other recent problem reports it was about inline scripts and/or functions in external scripts, which had an advertisement component as well as a legit multimedia component. They got blocked due to the advertisement component.

Regarding Ghostery, it was really helpful to find some tracking scripts and image bugs that slipped through the filters. I've uninstalled it now.
Apr. 09, 2009, 06:45 PM
Big Grin RE: BBC weather page
Works a treat mate. Thank you very much. Your work and help is much appriciated.

Cheers BRILLIANT Cheers

Kind Regards

Scoop
Apr. 10, 2009, 08:40 AM
Hi,
Since adding entries to IncludeExclude-U: I now cant view any videos in the bbc news website
for instance http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsbe...993078.stm

Kind Regards

Scoop
Apr. 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
Ahh okay. I've changed the first IncludeExclude-U entry here. Hopefully it works now. Thanks for the warning.