Left click problem
Feb. 24, 2009, 07:50 AM
Left click problem
With the new 09-02-13 config files I'm starting experiencing a strange problem - if I left click on any space on new page - a "control panel" appears on left upper corner covering page and there is no way to close it. Sometimes it could be distorted (I've attached screenshot of IE showing the distorted "control panel" in left upper corner of the browser window). A triangle appears on the right bottom corner. If I move cursor over it - "control panel" will jump to that corner and redraw itself. If I move cursor to any other place the control panel will loose its borders, but still sit there and there is no way to close it...

Earlier config files do not exhibit that problem. With them "control panel" disappears automatically. Problem seems to be new for the latest release...

Attached File(s)
.png  Proxo_09-02-13.png (Size: 46.14 KB / Downloads: 733)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 24, 2009, 07:51 AM
RE: Left click problem
Does this happen on all sites? Or just on Google?
Visit this user's website
Feb. 24, 2009, 07:54 AM
I happens all the time on all sites. I'm posting this post and watch the panel covering left upper corner of browser now. Browser is IE7, BTW.
Feb. 24, 2009, 08:33 AM
Sounds like something is overriding a rule in proxcss-all.css:
Code:
div#proxM-Div { visibility: hidden; }

I've just checked with IE7 (in Vista Ultimate). I can't reproduce.
Does this also happen when you load sidki_oob.ptron instead?

edit: If yes, are the Proxomitron\html\sidki_h_2009-02-13\CSS\proxcss-*.css files intact, and have a last-modified date earlier than Feb 13?
Feb. 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
No problems here with IE7 on XP Pro.

BTW @sidki3003: Just installed your patch & config set: GREAT!
It took me quiet a while to find out the purpose of control panel:

Quote:******
Some Hints regarding the Proxomitron Menu
The Menu appears when you put the mouse on the Proxomitron Menu icon.
Left-click anywhere on the page and the icon, a triangle inside a circle, will
appear. .../End of Quote

This should read:
Left-click anywhere on a webpage and the icon, a triangle inside a circle, will appear. Then the Menu appears when you put the mouse on the Proxomitron Menu icon. ...

I was clicking on thee Proxomitron interface ...
Feb. 24, 2009, 01:53 PM
Ah okay, how's that?

Quote:The Menu appears when you put the mouse on the Proxomitron Menu icon. Latter
is a little triangle inside a circle, which will show up lower right, if you
left-click anywhere on a webpage. Scroll the window with the mouse and the
icon will disappear, until you left-click again. If you left-click the *icon*,
it disappears and will only return to that page after a reload.
Feb. 24, 2009, 05:53 PM
(Feb. 24, 2009 01:53 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Ah okay, how's that?
Better!
Can I change the symbol (proxm-cold.gif ???) to e.g. bigger size and different color for better visibility by editing the css-file? Thx.
Feb. 24, 2009, 06:09 PM
proxm-cold.gif and proxm-hot.gif.
Bigger size, probably. I think i haven't given any dimensions in the CSS. ID is "proxM-Img".
Different color, maybe, by applying a filter on the image. That depends on the browser.
Feb. 24, 2009, 06:50 PM
(Feb. 24, 2009 06:09 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  proxm-cold.gif and proxm-hot.gif.
Recolored proxm-hot.gif from green to red with Paintbrush, renamed to proxm-cold.gif and replaced the original proxm-cold, restarted but..
still the same?! Probably I missed something.

Edit: Got it. Missed to flush browser-cache. Thx!
Feb. 24, 2009, 07:59 PM
(Feb. 24, 2009 08:33 AM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Sounds like something is overriding a rule in proxcss-all.css:
Code:
How to debug it? Where to look at to check it?

Quote:I've just checked with IE7 (in Vista Ultimate). I can't reproduce.
Does this also happen when you load sidki_oob.ptron instead?
Yes, it does. Both exhibit the same problem with Menu.

Quote:edit: If yes, are the Proxomitron\html\sidki_h_2009-02-13\CSS\proxcss-*.css files intact, and have a last-modified date earlier than Feb 13?
Yes, they are intact. I even made second (test) Proxo folder, extracted ProxN45j-Patched.zip to it, then extracted prox-config-sidki-2009-02-13.zip and restarted Proxomitron.exe from that folder. So, I suppose it's like initially designed (no any modification on my side).

Here are some more details:
When I first time make left click - Menu appears on the upper left corner of web page, not on the upper left corner of the browser. It means if web page is long enough and I scrolled down before it I may not see it there. But if I scroll up - it sits there. No thin black border around it. If I hover triangle - Menu will jump to bottom right corner and until mouse is over it - Menu has thin black border (as it's in focus). If I move mouse anywhere - border disappears, but Menu still on the page (scrolling with it).

I've attached two screenshots here. On first picture you see Menu out of focus (no border around it), but triangle is in bottom right corner of the browser. I scrolled down and made the second picture. As you can see on it Menu still where it was, but triangle has disappeared (as it should).

There is no way to get rid of Menu since it appears on web page. Only reload helps.

I keep folder with "sidki_2009-01-14.ptron" installed and if I restart Proxomitron.exe from there - there is no provlem. And I've never seen this problem with any earlier versions of configs.

Attached File(s)
.png  Proxo_01.png (Size: 91.33 KB / Downloads: 686)
.png  Proxo_02.png (Size: 57.5 KB / Downloads: 668)
Feb. 24, 2009, 09:58 PM
(Feb. 24, 2009 07:59 PM)OZO Wrote:  
(Feb. 24, 2009 08:33 AM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Sounds like something is overriding a rule in proxcss-all.css:
Code:
How to debug it? Where to look at to check it?

I don't know. In Firefox/Opera/Chrome we have the DOM Inspector, which more or less exactly tells us, which CSS rule is overriding another one. No clue regarding IE7 (which doesn't run on my native - versus emulated - OS, Win2K).

If i could reproduce the problem, i would go a head and copy back the Jan 14 proxcss-all.css and proxcss-b-ie.css, which are 100% compatible. Then, if working, i would replace chunks of old code with new one, till it breaks.

If the Jan 14 CSS files don't work either, it's probably the Proxomitron script, which only has 10-15 lines that would need to be inspected (the Jan 14 script is ~80% compatible).

However, in the first place i'm wondering why it works for other IE7 users. So it might still be a content-page modifying plugin/AX-control.
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:12 PM
It looks like I've found the bug. It's in these new lines:
Code:
td#proxM-R-Td,
td.ProxM-L-Td
{
  visibility: visible !important;
}
within "proxcss-b-ie.css" file.

When I've removed them - everything is back to normal. Smile!
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:56 PM
Cool! IIRC it was just one or two pages requiring that change, so might be no big deal to undo it.
Anyway, i'll re-check and post back later...
Feb. 24, 2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks a lot for the help Smile!
Feb. 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
The reason why i added that rule was to fix an empty menu on very few pages (see screen cap). I can well live without it.

Those who use IE 6/7/8, let me know, if you see this "empty menu" effect often with attached CSS version.

Attached File(s)
.png  cap_124641.png (Size: 27.46 KB / Downloads: 757)
.zip  proxcss-b-ie_2-25.zip (Size: 1.05 KB / Downloads: 554)