Problem with pcper.com
Feb. 21, 2009, 04:10 PM
Problem with pcper.com
Using the latest config, this page won't load properly: http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=659&type=expert

The page loads but the article is not displayed. This also happens for every url ending with "&type=expert". Can someone please point out what entry i should add to IncludeExclude-U.txt?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 21, 2009, 07:52 PM
RE: Problem with pcper.com
Code:
(www.|)pcper.com/    $SET(0=a_adcomm1.)
Feb. 22, 2009, 01:19 AM
That did it. Smile! Thanks!
Feb. 22, 2009, 07:30 PM
Good!

By the way, should there be a future config update (that is, 2nd para here activated), then you don't need to carry over that entry. I always add fixes for reported problems to the general list, as long as the respective site ranks among the top 100K. Smile!
Feb. 22, 2009, 07:50 PM
you mean like a "silent update" where updates to any .ptxt file is made available, periodically, via manual download?

yeah, i'd vote a definite "yes" to that Big Teeth
Feb. 22, 2009, 10:45 PM
I'd rather call that a noisy update, but yes, i agree. However, there are so many things to consider...

In the long run, these updates can't be packaged by me, but by a group. So the file would need to be located in a directory/subdomain with shared access. Maybe at proxfilter.net, because - if i got that right - its main purpose is to support people that support Proxomitron.

In fact, thinking about it, the entire download section could be moved to that shared-access resource. (I'm still sticking to GeoCities as main reference, because it's rock stable, whereas a couple of mirrors have died).

In that context, Kye-U's suggestion to include an auto-updater would really make sense. Then again, the main config file mustn't be overwritten, so maybe just a notification. Or splitting config file updates and list updates...

Then there would probably be a need of a developer forum, because some information - like 0day exploit sites, NSWF site nasties, etc. - can't be posted on a public forum. Also, some topics would be just irrelevant or irritating for the normal user.

Et cetera, et cetera... Smile!
Feb. 23, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Sidki, i still didn't do the research i would like for doing easy updates to our config sets. But i have in mind the idea of removing the date from the title of my filters. In that way the update could replace the old filter with the new one in the same position of the list. Just thinking, not tested...

I would maintain the dates in my own config, but for public they only need to know the date in wich we released the config really.

Speaking about the list, i prefer lo learn how to fish, instead of someone fishing the fish for me. So i think is better for all of us, to write a common basic list, and a good explained tutorial with the method you use to decide wich keywords are better to add to the list. Just my thoughts Wink
Feb. 23, 2009, 05:53 PM
(Feb. 23, 2009 05:19 PM)lnminente Wrote:  Hi Sidki, i still didn't do the research i would like for doing easy updates to our config sets. But i have in mind the idea of removing the date from the title of my filters. In that way the update could replace the old filter with the new one in the same position of the list. Just thinking, not tested...

I would maintain the dates in my own config, but for public they only need to know the date in wich we released the config really.

That should work. It would probably make config file updates much easier. However, personally, i guess it would completely confuse me to handle two config copies that differ that much. Smile!

Quote:Speaking about the list, i prefer lo learn how to fish, instead of someone fishing the fish for me.

Somehow i have the feeling that for most users it's the other way around. Wink
Feb. 24, 2009, 04:24 AM
(Feb. 23, 2009 05:53 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  ...i guess it would completely confuse me to handle two config copies that differ that much...
No no, not two configs Sidki. You keep using your own config set, but when making a new release to the public, you just apply a filter to it wich removes only the dates. So when speaking about a filter you just should to know if you modified it after releasing the full config set. Just an idea, of course you should advice people to test the problems with a clean config before reporting problems in this forum Wink

edit: maybe this is better only for updating some filters but not the full config...