Reuters looks odd
Jan. 21, 2009, 07:50 PM
Reuters looks odd
Hello,

Reuters is looking a little strange lately. I changed the IncludeExclude entry from:
Code:
[^/]++.reuters.com/    $SET(0=a_rdlink.a_jslink.i_iframe:0.)

to:
Code:
[^/]++.reuters.com/    $SET(0=a_code.i_timer:0.)

and it looks better. Smile!

DarthTrader
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 21, 2009, 10:15 PM
RE: Reuters looks odd
Looks normal to me. Be careful with "a_code", it bypasses ~50 filters.
Jan. 22, 2009, 01:50 PM
(Jan. 21, 2009 10:15 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Looks normal to me.
Looks fine here, too.
Jan. 22, 2009, 02:09 PM
I am still seeing the problem with Internet Explorer 8 RC1. When I un-tick the "Cut: Specific Pre-Head Blocks" filter, the problem goes away.
Jan. 22, 2009, 06:14 PM
Although i still don't know what you mean by "odd" and "the problem", i do understand now why you were using "a_code".
"Cut: Specific Pre-Head Blocks" doesn't have a more specific keyword. That's not good. I'll add one.

I could imagine that your issue is doctype related. Discussed filter is forcing IE into Quirks Mode, because there was pre-doctype code; you want IE8 to render that page in Strict Mode.

Does the Prox menu show up for you in Strict Mode (filter unticked)? It doesn't for me in IE7.
Jan. 22, 2009, 07:02 PM
Now I can't get Reuters to screw up no matter what I do, and yes I exited the browser and cleared the cache each time. Just having Sidki think about the problem was enough to fix it! Smile!

The "problem" was a brownish background on most of the page with some parts showing up in odd positions.

To answer your question, yes the Prox menu shows up in Strict Mode (filter unticked).

Rest assured I will post again if the "problem" reappears.