why is IE supported?
Jan. 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
RE: why is IE supported?
(Jan. 17, 2009 04:00 PM)43unite Wrote:  
(Jan. 17, 2009 07:29 AM)Mele20 Wrote:  I understand it is difficult to get Proxo working on Linux
Understand from who?
Proxo is incredibly easy to run on Linux via Wine. I've been doing it for years.

A number of folks at dslreports have said this over the past couple of years. They said giving up Proxo was the hardest thing of all when switching to Linux. Some later said they had gotten it to run under Wine but some reported it runs poorly. Maybe it depends on the distro?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 18, 2009, 10:04 AM
(Jan. 18, 2009 09:25 AM)Mele20 Wrote:  A number of folks at dslreports have said this over the past couple of years. They said giving up Proxo was the hardest thing of all when switching to Linux. Some later said they had gotten it to run under Wine but some reported it runs poorly. Maybe it depends on the distro?
I got it working on ubuntu pretty easy! There literally no noticeable slow down!

sometime it might take a long to start up, however I can't live without it!
Jan. 18, 2009, 04:15 PM
(Jan. 18, 2009 09:25 AM)Mele20 Wrote:  A number of folks at dslreports have said this over the past couple of years. They said giving up Proxo was the hardest thing of all when switching to Linux. Some later said they had gotten it to run under Wine but some reported it runs poorly. Maybe it depends on the distro?
Could possibly depend on distro and individual system config. Why not try it yourself instead of relying on other opinions?

One of the reasons I switched to Linux when I did years ago was because I could continue to run Proxo.

Here's a pic of Proxo resting comfortably in my Linux tray. It runs faster in Linux than in Windows. No MS nor 3rd party garbage to slow it down. It operates exactly as it does under Windows, including autostart at boot.

Attached File(s) Image(s)