Proxomitron Config Set Development System
Dec. 24, 2008, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: Jun. 13, 2011 09:18 AM by Kye-U.)
Proxomitron Config Set Development System
I've started work on it, and would like to get a list of features from everyone Smile!
(See this topic for more information: http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid10401)

This topic will serve as a discussion/update topic.

Here is a list of the "features" or "requirements" so far:
  • textareas should have courier font type for clarity
  • basic database structure
  • filters split into two sections: web filters and headers
  • ability to compare revisions (with differences shown, line by line) - demo
  • filter add functionality
  • ensure the system doesn't mangle code
  • support for filter description
  • support for revision comments
  • creation time / last updated time/by
  • revert to a previous revision
  • check-in/check-out system (edit functionality)
  • filter delete functionality
  • ability to order filters
  • ability to choose where to insert a new filter (e.g. before/after a certain filter)
  • support for blocklists
  • support for supporting files (html, js, images, css)
  • a button to dynamically generate an up-to-date config set
  • import functionality (use Sidki's latest config as a base)
  • user management/login system
  • nice-to-have: search functionality
*completed
*in progress

What sort of features do you want it to have? Any requests for design? Green and triangular? Or do you want it to look like the default forum style?

Updated June 13, 2011
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
RE: Proxomitron Config Set Development System
Kye, when we push the button to generate the config set, would be nice to be able to generate only the framework.

Also would be nice the option to include the comments of how each filter works. In that way we could generate also a config for proximodo, hoping someone could follow the other most wished project, updates for proximodo.

By the way, I would suggest also a paypal for proximodo

My best wishes Wink
Dec. 24, 2008, 01:39 PM
I've never participated in an online development project or wiki.
So I'm not sure what features would be desirable.
What you've listed so far sounds good to me.
Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out how it works. Smile!

z12
Dec. 30, 2008, 01:26 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still working on this, sporadically. The first post will be updated when new features/existing features have been completed.

Development will be slow, but I am determined to have it finished before the end of next semester (April 2009).
Feb. 08, 2009, 08:43 PM
An update, development has pretty much stopped since an entity called "school" is standing in my way, larger and heavier than I imagined it to be. I may not have this finished by April, but maybe sometime at the end of August, when I have no school. Sorry folks!
Feb. 09, 2009, 12:19 AM
Don't stress you Kye-U!! Take your time, your priorities and your life.
Many thanks for all your good work here Wink
Jun. 13, 2011, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: Jun. 13, 2011 08:55 AM by Kye-U.)
Now that I'm done school, I'm re-familiarizing myself with what I had intended for the system two years ago and will be working on having an alpha or beta Smile!

EDIT: completed most of add filter functionality (ability to distinguish between Web and Header filters) and view filter page (shows list of revisions (with dates and usernames; need to build filter comparison with difference highlighting and ability to revert). Next up is the filter edit (checkout/checkin) functionality, which includes locking filters that are checked out.

After that, I'll focus on building the functionality to order filters (looking to leverage jQuery for drag-and-drop goodness; after this is done, I'll update the add filter page to provide the option to choose where to insert the new filter (e.g. before/after "Filter ABC")), then focus on the ability to dynamically compile and download a config set using the latest revisions for each filter. Last but not least, I'll build in user support.

EDIT 2: I'm thinking of calling this "ProxCloud"

EDIT 3: I was about to sleep and had a realization; a config set consists of 4 things: the filters (Web and Header), blocklists, supporting HTML/JS/CSS/image files, and documentation (optional; non-critical to the functionality of the config set). My goal for the system is to support the first three groups so that when a config set is generated from the system, it is fully functional. I will use the Sidki's 2010-10-23 config set as a base (I'll have to develop an import function). Sorry, I'm thinking out loud to make sure I don't forget anything when I resume developing!