About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
May. 24, 2010, 08:15 PM
RE: About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
(May. 24, 2010 07:31 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  After a while, i have some time for public Proxomitron again...

...All in all, the (last public alpha) config remained refreshingly stable for me. Except for the Google filters. So i'm going to begin with updating (and cutting down) these filters.

YayCheers

soccerfan
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 24, 2010, 09:59 PM
(May. 24, 2010 07:31 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  After a while, i have some time for public Proxomitron again.

totally awesome!
May. 25, 2010, 03:09 AM
(May. 20, 2010 03:19 AM)whenever Wrote:  Now I understand why sidki's config was adding 'Content-Length: 0' to my response. Where are you sidki? Come back please ...

well, shouldn't I say that more earlier?

Welcome back, sidki! Smile!
May. 25, 2010, 03:27 AM
Didn't know that I could hold my breath for so long. Sidki it's great to hear from you again!!!
May. 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
Big Grin RE: About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
(May. 24, 2010 07:31 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  All in all, the (last public alpha) config remained refreshingly stable for me. Except for the Google filters. So i'm going to begin with updating (and cutting down) these filters.

Welcome back, you have my support as well. Smile!

I think you're on the exact right track by cutting down on the Google filters, indeed I think the whole pack could become far more powerful from becoming more basic. I have listed a couple of ideas below that might make sense from a "less-dev-effort-more-stable-filter-pack"-perspective.

1. Get rid of Proxomitron Menu
  2. Get rid of all site specific filters (Yahoo, Google, etc.). They can always be maintained as separate forum/community releases in case there's enough dev-energy to go around!
  3. Cut away anything that is likely to interfere with web 2.0 apps like Gmail and Google Docs.
  4. Remove overly restrictive session/cookie handling which these days often spell disaster for more advanced web apps. Again, separate release would be option for those with interest in limiting cookies hardcore style Wink

All the best with the effort /
May. 25, 2010, 09:29 PM
Absolutely heaven sent !! Thank you
May. 26, 2010, 07:29 PM
Finally, there was light ! Cheers
May. 27, 2010, 02:17 PM
Very cool!
Jul. 22, 2010, 08:41 AM
Wow! Best news I've heard in ages!!! So happy to see you back Sidki.

(Better late than never...I haven't been here in awhile, but, of course, Proxo and your superb filters have been my constant companion). Big Teeth
Aug. 04, 2010, 09:52 AM
Sidiki its great to hear that you are going to update your filterset. I'm trying to convert some of your filterset to the xml format used by GlimmerBlocker (http://glimmerblocker.org/) So I look forward to being able to bounce some things off you :-)
Aug. 04, 2010, 08:02 PM
Sure, as time permits Wink
Aug. 21, 2010, 12:43 AM
Sidki's filter sets have been running fine on my home computer for years. Thanks Sidki! Can't wait for the updates!
Oct. 24, 2010, 01:33 PM
"Updates" arrived yesterday. Smile!

I am discontinuing work on Proxomitron now.

However, this isn't necessarily the end of this project. There is an extensive documentation for developers, containing matching examples for every piece of code (well, almost), explanations of filter expressions, etc.. Thus, no information is lost, and someone else (should be plural) could continue right where i left.

Some of this information and links aren't suitable for public entertainment, but JJoe has a copy. So, if sometime someone seriously wishes to continue with config development, just get in contact with him.

Have fun!