Upload attachments?
Oct. 29, 2008, 01:13 AM
Upload attachments?
I was trying to create a topic and upload a couple of associated GIF images. But they aren't showing up in the preview and the "Attachment Manager" says I have none.

What am I missing? Does the ability to upload images with a post require something that I don't have here?

Thanks.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 31, 2008, 10:08 AM
RE: Upload attachments?
What do you get under the Attachments tab? Don't forget to click the "Add Attachment" button when you finished choosing the file.

.png  attachment.png (Size: 9.8 KB / Downloads: 822)
Oct. 31, 2008, 05:39 PM
(Oct. 31, 2008 10:08 AM)whenever Wrote:  What do you get under the Attachments tab?
Thanks for replying. It's working for me now. The attachments tab had indicated that there were no attachments. I don't know what I was doing wrong earlier.
Oct. 31, 2008, 06:19 PM
Graycode;

I was gonna reply to this Wednesday, but somehow I got blocked from my general photo-hosting site, PhotoBucket. Fixed that now, so.....

Attachments are nice, but they're meant for email, not for forums. If you want/need/desire/wish to demonstrate/illustrate/bolster your point graphically, your best bet is to use the [img] and [/img] tags. On my screen, there is an icon that looks like a mountain with a sun behind it, in the menu above the text entry area. Post your image to a server somewhere on the web, paste/type the link into the text box, highlight it, and click on the magic icon.

The result: [Image: censored.gif]

(sorry, couldn't resist. Wink)

HTH

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!