IE8beta2 problem with Sidki's filters
Sep. 13, 2008, 03:59 AM
IE8beta2 problem with Sidki's filters

.png  Friday, September 12, 2008 17;47;00001.png (Size: 23.89 KB / Downloads: 734)
.png  Friday, September 12, 2008 17;38;14001.png (Size: 27.17 KB / Downloads: 675) I had no problem with IE8 beta1 on Vista and Sidki's filters. I just installed beta2 (after a ton of problems). I seldom use IE but I did not want IE7 on my Vista (which is on a virtual machine..I love XP and use it on my host machine). I hate IE7 and 8bbeta1 was ok. Anyhow, I went to my home site (dslreports.com) after installing it and I see a yellow exclamation point in the status bar. It doesn't like Sidki's filters. Wink I also have a yellow exclamation point at this site. Both are javascript "problems". I don't think I came here ever on IE8beta1 but I certainly went to dslreports and never saw any yellow exclamation points.

This beta can't even scroll properly here or dslreports (probably nowhere) and when I opened this page here IE showed me the smilies at the top here as all merged with each other and they were gigantic. Beta1 was much better. Microsoft is going backwards with beta2. Plus, since I'm mentioning beta2 problems...IE Options/advanced tab has NO boxes for me to check or uncheck the items! This is really bad.

Gee, I couldn't tell if the attachment had uploaded so I clicked on My Attachments here and then clicked back to get to this text and IE said the web page had expired! I had to click back about 5 times and then it found this text, I'm really surprised at how bad beta 2 is...even if it is Microsoft. Big Teeth
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 14, 2008, 04:18 AM
RE: IE8beta2 problem with Sidki's filters
Mele;

I moved your topic to General Discussion, it's more in the nature of a short review of IE8 and associated problems, not an issue that needs a "filter fix" (where you had it).

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply