Firefox
Jun. 17, 2004, 03:59 AM

Hi guys... Bit quiet here aint it??
I'm seriously considering finally going to Firefox due to the increasing security problems associated with IE..
Wud appreciate advice as to configuring Proxo with it..
cheers.. [unsure]

How long is a minute?
Depends on which side of the bathroom door you are...
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 17, 2004, 04:20 AM

A quick graphic tutorial I did Eyes Closed Smile

I recommend Moox's optimized builds:

http://www.moox.ws/tech/mozilla/
Visit this user's website
Jun. 17, 2004, 04:31 AM

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply mate..
I'll check that out and get back again..
cheers.... [rolleyes]

How long is a minute?
Depends on which side of the bathroom door you are...
Jul. 09, 2004, 03:07 AM

Hey Kye-U! Thanks for the configuration. I am planning on trying Firefox myself. I just tried Opera for the first time today. It is the FREE version...lol! Constant ads of all things. I was quite impressed with how unique it really is. Anything is better than Explorer. Netscape...... blah,blah,blah.... oh well! Proxomitron works well with Opera except for accessing a couple of my mailboxes which are Hotmail and Mailblocks. Explorer and Netscape can be configured to allow access but I have no idea how to get Opera to allow this without enabling Javascript. IF I do install Firefox, would I have a similar problem? I would appreciate any advice from yourself or anyone else willing to let me know. Thank you in advance!! BTW, Congrats on the new forum!! I am quite busy with a new job and it is hard to visit here very often. Again thanks for all of the friendly comraderie I see within this forum. I'll be back later as I can.
Jul. 09, 2004, 03:26 AM

minormajor Wrote:Explorer and Netscape can be configured to allow access but I have no idea how to get Opera to allow this without enabling Javascript. IF I do install Firefox, would I have a similar problem? I would appreciate any advice from yourself or anyone else willing to let me know. Thank you in advance!!
That's a good question.

With Firefox, there are no different zones, so it would be near to impossible to add certain sites to certain zones.

I believe that Proxomitron with Firefox (And a Javascript Allow List + Filter) will be a good substitute to IE's different zones.

I hope that helped!

Thank you for your kind words Eyes Closed Smile
Jul. 09, 2004, 10:10 AM

There is an extension that adds IE-style security zones to Firefox (didn't test it): Policy Manager.
Jul. 09, 2004, 08:21 PM

Wow, I didn't know it existed!

Quote:This is an extension for managing Site Policies, a security feature (, it's like IE's "security zones").

Mozilla includes the feature secretly, but there is no UI. This package includes manager GUI and a context menu extension to set the site's policy easily.

Thanks for the link Sidki!