Adding sites to Bypass or Exception-U
Oct. 08, 2013, 01:20 AM
Adding sites to Bypass or Exception-U
I've got the files in: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProxomitronSidki

Running on Win7 SP1 64bit.

Everything looks to be working great. I had used Proxo and the Gryphen set for a long time.

If I do the following:

1. Right click on try icon
2. Add to block file
3. Bypass-List
4. Then entered the URL

When I then actually open the Bypass list at "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProxomitronSidki\Lists\Bypass List.txt" nothing has been entered.

Same if I try to add to Exeptions-U.

If I actually open up the "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProxomitronSidki\Lists\Bypass List.txt" file and manually add the URL when I try to save it I get a message saying "Save failed: Please check whether if this file is opened in another program".

I never had problems adding/modifying Proxo/Gryphen. I've checked general things like making sure nothing is read only. I've even closed Proxo and tried to edit the .txt files and I still get the same message.

Any ideas?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 08, 2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Adding sites to Bypass or Exception-U
(Oct. 08, 2013 01:20 AM)CptKirk Wrote:  I've got the files in: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProxomitronSidki

Running on Win7 SP1 64bit.

This is a Win7 security issue.

Since WinXP, the Proxomitron has worked better when not in the "Program Files" system folder. So, I put the Proxomitron and many other programs in a "user" folder named "Programs". I suppose "C:\Programs" would work as well but I haven't tried it.

HTH
Oct. 08, 2013, 04:00 AM
RE: Adding sites to Bypass or Exception-U
Thanks.

I had just actually tried that and came back to post my results.

Created 'C:\Programs\ProxomitronSidki" and ran it from there.

Works ok.