Proxomitron Reborn installation question
Feb. 21, 2020, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: Feb. 21, 2020 05:09 PM by Anno Domini.)
RE: Proxomitron Reborn installation question
(Feb. 21, 2020 01:02 AM)JJoe Wrote:  Did you re-aim the shortcut at the new exe?

No, I didn't do that. I clicked CreateProxomitronReborn_4603R.exe. Then I clicked sidki-2019-01-26b1.bat. Afterwards, I deleted ProxomitronReborn_4603R.exe and unzipped ProxomitronReborn_4605R into the folder and now proxo.exe is in there. I currently have Internet access and see SSL pages being filtered this way, but I don't know if I did it right. If I have to re-aim the shortcut at the new exe could you please show me how. Also JJoe, just want to say I consider you one of the greats in Proxomitron's history.

(Feb. 21, 2020 01:02 AM)JJoe Wrote:  Only if, you access multiple servers that require a 'personal' certificate to identify you.

I'm at the 4th grade level when it comes to this. Basically, I read the news online and watch YouTube clips. Sometimes I research a topic of interest that takes me down some deep rabbit holes and will visit lots of websites I'm not familiar with for information. I have "Select one automatically" for certificates in my browser for this kind of Internet surfing. Note: I read Scott's warning and, I think, yours, to avoid using SSL filtering for important transactions such as on-line banking or purchases. So I don't login to forums, banking, or any other place that requires a username and password through Proxomitron. I use a browser with a blank space in its Network SSL Settings, which I read here means no proxy. So with that kind of surfing, I'm not sure if I'm using multiple servers that require a 'personal' certificate to identify me. I think I remember Google asking me to accept a certificate in the past when doing regular Google searches, but that was a long time ago. I don't know if that falls into the category of requiring a 'personal' certificate to identify me. With my browsing habits described above, I would greatly appreciate your advice on whether to "Select one automatically" or change it to "Ask me everytime."

(Feb. 21, 2020 01:02 AM)JJoe Wrote:  Be aware and cautious when the Proxomitron is in the middle.

This concerns me and I want to setup and use Proxomitron the right way. Thank you for any advice.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proxomitron Reborn installation question - Anno Domini - Feb. 21, 2020 05:04 PM