Strange results from Exceptions-U changes
Dec. 23, 2011, 07:39 AM
RE: Strange results from Exceptions-U changes
(Dec. 23, 2011 02:39 AM)JJoe Wrote:  You need to add a line that sets the header for the advanced search pages and associated www.google.com/* not covered by your expression.

LOL. I must have stared at that for 5 minutes wondering WHY?... until it dawned on me that the results pages weren't being set to IE. Now I'm getting it.

(Dec. 23, 2011 02:39 AM)JJoe Wrote:  if www.google.com/ is followed by anything $SET(0=f_ua_ie.)
else www.google.com is not followed by anything so $SET(0=f_ua_ie.)$JUMP(http://www.google.com/advanced_search)

Although I accept what's happening here, the else part seems counter to how it looks since it's just an OR symbol like the other lines. I was reading it as:
|"if anything follows .com/, set as IE"
|"in all instances set to IE and jump" (which would redirect everything)

(Dec. 23, 2011 02:39 AM)JJoe Wrote:  However, putting $JUMP() everywhere allows me to quickly switch to $RDIR(). It's probably a bad habit.

I like that format too, mostly because it helps me to better visually understand what's happening. In fact, I'd be better off leaving it that way so that I'll remember how it works when it needs revisiting in a few months. Most of my filters are probably written in the less efficient more obvious way.
Thanks for the explanations.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange results from Exceptions-U changes - zoltan - Dec. 23, 2011 07:39 AM