Proxo Crashes on SSL connections
Feb. 03, 2015, 12:06 PM
RE: Proxo Crashes on SSL connections
Thank you ProxRocks for posting JD5000 last config set.

I'll explore that good old JD filter set with pleasure. It will certainly provide me with some simple and useful filters, now that every site becomes more and more insanely crappy.

Just imagine a basic Bloomberg page like http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ibm:us loads between 110 and 147 JS scripts ! Unbelievable !

By the way, I'd be delighted to discover your "off-site" blockers , as I don't mind breaking pages. Just like you, I don't want to download all that unnecessary crappy bloated and intrusive content.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 03, 2015, 03:20 PM
Shy RE: Proxo Crashes on SSL connections
(Feb. 03, 2015 12:06 PM)fpout Wrote:  By the way, I'd be delighted to discover your "off-site" blockers , as I don't mind breaking pages. Just like you, I don't want to download all that unnecessary crappy bloated and intrusive content.

I would be too Smile!

soccerfan
Feb. 03, 2015, 04:23 PM
Thanks for posting that JDList set. The only set I had before this was 10-24-03. Even if many of them are obsolete, that filterset is an education in itself.
Feb. 03, 2015, 11:32 PM
(Feb. 03, 2015 03:20 PM)soccerfan Wrote:  
(Feb. 03, 2015 12:06 PM)fpout Wrote:  By the way, I'd be delighted to discover your "off-site" blockers

i'll clean them up a bit over the next few days and will post them

one thing to note in advance is that i block "flash" slightly differently than sidki does (and this is one place where i end up 'breaking' pages)

if you use sidki's "toggle flash" filters, you will note that a "connection" is listed in the "what's Proxo thinking" page

sidki once explained this as not meaning that a true 'connection' is made with the server hosting the "flash", but it was over my head and i didn't quite follow it

i toggle flash differently (both on-site and off-site), nothing even shows up in the "what's Proxo thinking" page, but it is overly agressive for most, it does break a lot, but in my humble view, "who cares", all that "flashy flash" is just a nuisance to the eye Smile!
Feb. 04, 2015, 04:22 AM
I'm not familiar with the "what's Proxo thinking" page. Could you elaborate?
Feb. 04, 2015, 09:05 AM
http://local.ptron/.pinfo/urls/
Feb. 05, 2015, 11:51 AM
(Feb. 03, 2015 03:20 PM)soccerfan Wrote:  
(Feb. 03, 2015 12:06 PM)fpout Wrote:  By the way, I'd be delighted to discover your "off-site" blockers

starting new thread...
Feb. 10, 2015, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: Feb. 10, 2015 11:37 PM by Callahan.)
Hi ... would like to try the JD 5000 filters but I am not sure what to do ... I have downloaded the zip file and unzipped it to a folder ... do I just place everything that was unzipped into my - Program Files\Proxomitron Naoko-4 folder ?

What would I do next ... do the filters have to be activated or turned on in some way in Proxomitron?

Thanks...
Feb. 11, 2015, 02:32 AM
(Feb. 10, 2015 11:36 PM)Callahan Wrote:  What would I do next ...

Add the zip's contents to Program Files\Proxomitron Naoko-4 folder.
Right click on the Proxomitron's tray icon, mouse over "Load Config File", and pick the cfg you want to try.

HTH
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JJoe for this post:
Callahan
Feb. 12, 2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks JJoe ... I have done that and am still working on settings and things ... may have some more questions later.