Server load limit. Try later?
Nov. 15, 2014, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: Nov. 15, 2014 04:38 PM by herbalist.)
RE: Server load limit. Try later?
Screenshot of error page attached. Same as above images except this one recognizes that I'm logged in.

.png  Proxforumerror.png (Size: 65.37 KB / Downloads: 666)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Nov. 15, 2014, 05:17 PM
okay, now i know what i'm looking for
if there was a screen cap earlier, i guess i glanced over it

i can still confirm and verify that i have *NEVER* seen this error and i've been on the forum since day one, pre-dating back to the Castle Cops days
Nov. 15, 2014, 05:23 PM
are you on a laptop?

can you take it to a library or wi-fi hotspot and at the very least narrow down the culprits to -

1) your laptops "settings" (in which case we should be able to track it down)
2) your ISP (in which case we really can't help you)
Nov. 15, 2014, 06:59 PM
(Nov. 15, 2014 05:23 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  are you on a laptop?

Affected users appear to be disperate, international using Win98-Win7 on laptops and desktops. I've tried various combos.

I think that you have been lucky. Have you considered playing the lottery. Wink Even if your connection somehow requires less resources than ours and is thus less likely to see the error, there is an unexpected, odd error page coming from the host.

I saw the error after the return to the current host in June. Spam registrations, thread rating, and unresolvable ips also increased.

The highest server load that I have noticed is 5.91. So, I'm guessing that the error comes once the server load hits approx 6. This limit can be changed but there may be valid reasons for the limit and other ways to lower the load.

Admins may see the current server load at the bottom right of a page. Unfortunately, the error page does not show the server load.
Nov. 15, 2014, 07:09 PM
Besides connecting directly, I've also tried connecting via other exit nodes in several countries. The results are the same. I don't see any pattern to when I get that error. It can be any day, any time, using any IP. I'm quite certain that my ISP and DNS settings are not a problem. The Tor logs would warn me if there was connection or DNS issues. They rarely contain any error messages.
Nov. 16, 2014, 12:02 AM
do you get these errors if you do NOT allow javascript?
Nov. 16, 2014, 12:48 AM
Yes. Enabling or disabling javascript seems to make no difference.
Nov. 17, 2014, 02:47 PM
Seem problem is server-side, something like blocklist or speed limit cause this, and I got that problem half of my day: [Image: 7vFneBx.jpg]
Nov. 17, 2014, 03:58 PM
what happens if you REDUCE the number of connections allowed to a server?
Nov. 18, 2014, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: Nov. 18, 2014 12:23 AM by GunGunGun.)
Okay, I reduced my Firefox default connection to network.http.max-connections-per-server;4 and network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server;2, clearly will slow down my browser speed but I will keep it a few day. And network.http.max-connections;64, so It is much lower than default Firefox which is 256.
Nov. 19, 2014, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

My apologies for the delayed reply. I've set the forum setting to 0 (disabling the *NIX Load Limiting server load check/limit). Hopefully this does not bring the forums/my hosting account down. I do wonder what the root cause is (e.g. crawlers/bots caching or downloading the forums), but hopefully this resolves the issue for you!
Visit this user's website
Nov. 20, 2014, 06:02 AM
Thank you, seem better!
And I reset my connection setting to default again, seem lower my max connection won't help.