[F] Update to Google Filters (support for Google SSL)
Dec. 12, 2011, 06:32 PM
RE: [F] Update to Google Filters (support for Google SSL)
JJoe Wrote:Can you post the code that is not matched and the address of the page?

Address: http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=...09l6-1l1l0

I don't know which part you're asking me, so here you have the clean proxo-modified source and the corresponding debug page. Is that ok?

.rar  google search.rar (Size: 99.65 KB / Downloads: 716)

JJoe Wrote:eclipse Wrote:
4. In the results page, there's some word highlighting to black (which is impossible to read). This can be easily fixed by changing the correct attribute to !important in google-css-dark.css.

What is your preference?

This is the bit of code to change:
Code:
/* Search terms */
font#high, .g b, .g em, p.e b {
  color: orange !important;       /* !important added 2011/12/10 */
  font-weight: normal;
}

I'm attaching a screenshot of the rendered page with description of the problems.

.jpg  google search render.jpg (Size: 316.78 KB / Downloads: 756)

JJoe Wrote:Date was a typo. [blush]
No harm done!!. I'm more than grateful you take the time to look into this!

JJoe Wrote:eclipse Wrote:
I remember Sidki chose to fake UA because of the ajax stuff, maybe it's time to fake another browser again?

Is there one that you like that always gets the same code?

I'll experiment a bit with different UA strings and report back! (faking IE might be a good preliminary candidate - no ajax / no autocomplete).
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 13, 2011, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: Dec. 13, 2011 12:49 AM by JJoe.)
(Dec. 12, 2011 06:32 PM)eclipse Wrote:  
JJoe Wrote:Can you post the code that is not matched and the address of the page?

Address: http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=...09l6-1l1l0

(Dec. 12, 2011 06:32 PM)eclipse Wrote:  I'm attaching a screenshot of the rendered page with description of the problems.

How much is fixed by using http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&site=&q=proxomitron&oq=proxo&aq=1&aqi=g4g-s2g4&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=4924l5818l0l13481l5l5l0l0l0l0l909l909l6-1l1l0&complete=0

(Dec. 12, 2011 06:32 PM)eclipse Wrote:  I don't know which part you're asking me, so here you have the clean proxo-modified source and the corresponding debug page. Is that ok?

I'll see what I can see later.

(Dec. 12, 2011 06:32 PM)eclipse Wrote:  
eclipse Wrote:4. In the results page, there's some word highlighting to black (which is impossible to read). This can be easily fixed by changing the correct attribute to !important in google-css-dark.css.
JJoe Wrote:What is your preference?
This is the bit of code to change:
Code:
/* Search terms */
font#high, .g b, .g em, p.e b {
  color: orange !important;       /* !important added 2011/12/10 */
  font-weight: normal;
}

So orange is ok. Wink
File added to other post.
Dec. 13, 2011, 03:25 AM
JJoe Wrote:How much is fixed by using http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=...complete=0

Regrettably not much... (but now the typed text is readable).

.jpg  complete-off.jpg (Size: 107.63 KB / Downloads: 783)
Dec. 13, 2011, 05:26 AM
(Dec. 13, 2011 03:25 AM)eclipse Wrote:  Regrettably not much... (but now the typed text is readable).

This is good news. We can fix the "More" menu's background. Well, we do still need to add the parameter. Sad

Does the navigation toggle work now?
Dec. 13, 2011, 05:10 PM
JJoe Wrote:Does the navigation toggle work now?

Not at all....
Dec. 14, 2011, 03:41 AM
(Dec. 13, 2011 05:10 PM)eclipse Wrote:  Not at all....

I don't think I did anything that would fix it but updated
Dec. 14, 2011, 06:06 PM
Each and everytime that I copy/paste the filters to my config, there's been an extra "?" in this line
"var c=document.getElementById('leftnav').style;c.visibility=c.visibility=='visible'??'hidden':'visible'" from Google Toggle: Left NavBar 11.12.13 (!nn multi) [ozo] (d.s)

I did find it by chance, by looking at the code in the javascript error console. Looking at proxo source I thought it was some king of escaping code. Then I looked in the posted filter..... NO DOUBLE "?"!! EUREKA!!

Metapad (the editor I'm using) didn't give me a warning when saving. Notepad DID (unicode characters).
The problem filters that I identified are:
Google Search: Remove Ad Blocks 11.11.21 [sd ku] (d.s)
Google Search: Fix Shortcuts 11.07.11 [sd] (d.s)
Google Toggle: Left NavBar 11.12.13 (!nn multi) [ozo] (d.s)

I tried 2 different browsers, 2 different text editors bypassing proxomitron (just in case) and I ALWAYS get a double "?".

JJoe, could you post said filters as an attachment, so I can be sure I'm getting them RIGHT? (or anything else I could try - I'm out of ideas).

Didn't happen anything like this before....

BTW, Toggle IS WORKING! Applause
Dec. 14, 2011, 07:07 PM
(Dec. 14, 2011 06:06 PM)eclipse Wrote:  I tried 2 different browsers, 2 different text editors bypassing proxomitron (just in case) and I ALWAYS get a double "?".

JJoe, could you post said filters as an attachment, so I can be sure I'm getting them RIGHT? (or anything else I could try - I'm out of ideas).

Didn't happen anything like this before....

Agreed, posted, tested, seems ok, will investigate later.
Dec. 15, 2011, 04:51 AM
(Dec. 14, 2011 07:07 PM)JJoe Wrote:  will investigate later.

The forum code appears to be adding the "zero width space" unicode character ​ to the filters. The Proxomitron and some editors convert it to a question mark.
Dec. 16, 2011, 10:58 AM
It's a new feature in the forum software (after the recent update); I've found the associated option and disabled it. I went back to the original post in this topic and imported the said filters to Proxomitron and they seem to be fine, but please confirm Smile!

Thanks JJoe and eclipse for the report!
Visit this user's website