ProxBlox (formerly "Andrew's Security Filters")
Dec. 23, 2010, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: Dec. 21, 2011 10:51 PM by Kye-U.)
ProxBlox (formerly "Andrew's Security Filters")
Tested and working in IE, Firefox, Chromium, Safari, K-Meleon, Opera. Should work well in all browsers that allow the user to use an HTTP proxy. There may be inconsistencies across browsers in terms of appearance. Special thanks to everyone who helped contribute to this filterset, as well as usr, z12, Sidki, and lnminente

Current version: v1.0.0.1 (20111221)

What it does:

I'd like to think of it as a "NoScript" for all browsers (thanks to Proxomitron of course).

It basically removes all <(no|)script|applet|object|embed|iframe|video|audio)> tags on sites that aren't in the whitelist. Likewise, it also removes all un-whitelisted external scripts from loading. The actual page is modified so they do not load at all. You have the option of adding an untrusted site to the whitelist through three choices: 1) by host, showing you have great trust in them (test.com), 2) by subdomain (subdomain.test.com), and, 3) by domain + path, which is ideal for a trusted subdirectory on a domain) (subdomain.test.com/path/path).

You can easily choose to allow embed or iframe tags (for example) by default by simply going into Header filters and unticking the respective checkbox beside the filter(s). By default, all are set to be removed.

You also have the option to allow external scripts to load.

Download

I've put all the essential files in a Zip file that you just need to extract to your Proxomitron folder and merge the "mergeme" file with your config file.

.zip  ProxBlox-v1.0.0.1.zip (Size: 5.31 KB / Downloads: 1308)
Note: ProxBlox-extjs.txt comes with some pre-whitelisted sites as an example. They are scripts used by Facebook/YouTube/Google Maps. You are free to remove them Smile! ProxBlox.txt (the main whitelist) comes blank out of the package.

Note that you will need to download the "Count.ptxt" file listed below if you're not using Sidki's config pack and add it as a blocklist named "Count".

.ptxt  Count.ptxt (Size: 3.5 KB / Downloads: 1288)

Note: if you've had an older version installed, copy and paste the contents in your andrew.txt file to ProxBlox.txt, and andrew-src to ProxBlox-extjs.txt, respectively (or rename them and ensure that you do not overwrite them with the default list files in the above attachment).

Screenshots

.png  1.png (Size: 166.88 KB / Downloads: 1465)

.png  2.png (Size: 178.78 KB / Downloads: 1324)

.png  3.png (Size: 119.3 KB / Downloads: 1223)

Test Page Here:

http://prxbx.com/test/test.html
http://prxbx.com/test/test.php (evil version, click with caution.)

Attached File(s)
.zip  ProxBlox-v1.0.0.0.zip (Size: 5.25 KB / Downloads: 1240)
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Kye-U for this post:
usr, chatterer, herbalist
Dec. 23, 2010, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: Dec. 23, 2010 08:47 AM by Kye-U.)
RE: ProxBlox (formerly "Andrew's Security Filters")
Changelog of PB v1.0.0.0 from ASF v5.62:
-added detection and removal of <video> and <audio> tags
-slightly improved interface (cross-browser compatibility)
-more specific confirmation boxes (e.g. confirmation boxes now mention the URL)
-added new option to whitelist subdomains (e.g. maps.google.com)
-name change to ProxBlox and modified the version number
Dec. 23, 2010, 11:24 AM
is anyone using these with the latest sidki set?
where in the config set did you drop these filters in at?

i've never tried these in the past, but guess i'm finally kinda curious, lol...
Dec. 23, 2010, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: Dec. 23, 2010 09:45 PM by Kye-U.)
I put them right at the top, underneath: Join Proxomitron Stylesheets 09.07.04 [sd] (d.r)

I'm using the latest Sidki set and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary =)
May. 03, 2011, 01:05 PM
Thank you very much for such usefull fitler!Hail
But i found a bug, which must(?) be fixed.
If link in addressbar containts symbol "#", in advanced mode its not including this host in ProxBlox.txt Suspicious
Dec. 21, 2011, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: Dec. 21, 2011 10:52 PM by Kye-U.)
Sanchez, thanks for the bug report; reproduced and fixed. Currently testing this out to see if there are any enhancements I can make, and I'm thinking of possibly revamping the interface while maintaining its current minimalism Smile!

Will post the update soon.

EDIT: posted! The only change needed is in html\ProxBlox.js. Note: if you already have ProxBlox, there is no need to overwrite your existing Lists.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kye-U for this post:
usr
Feb. 03, 2013, 12:17 PM
Hi,

it should update/overwrite the entries in the ProxBlox.txt. For example, from "homepage.com $SET(0=.SCRIPT..NOSCRIPT.)" to "homepage.com $SET(0=.SCRIPT..NOSCRIPT..IFRAME..EMBED..OBJECT.)".

greetz,
chatterer
Jul. 12, 2014, 02:59 PM
Hi Kye-U, can you port this script to Privoxy ? This script is way too complicate so I cannot understand the way this script modify local file to add/remove domain to/from blacklist.