Chrome Browser - Request for Sidki
Jan. 17, 2009, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: Jan. 17, 2009 12:43 AM by linkodz.)
Chrome Browser - Request for Sidki
Hi Sidki, been a fan of your fantastic set and now that you're getting help from great guys in your set I would like to take the moment for a request...

Chrome browser, it kind of works fine with your latest set. Sometimes it just doesn't but that is not what this thread is about.

My version as of now is:
http://screencast.com/t/m8jHM0ajB

As you know, your set show a javascript menu as a green triangle once you click any part of your screen ( little icon at right bottom part ). Well, this doesn't occur with Chrome and I am wondering if there is something on your part you can change or add to your filters that can fix this issue.

I am a big Opera user, and everything works fine there. But Chrome is getting better and better and so far I use both during my visits to the web.

Thanks for your great work.
I forgot to add that toggle-flash doesn't work either
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 17, 2009, 01:14 AM
RE: Request for Sidki
Hi Linkodz, welcome to our forums Wink
I'm no using Chrome by now, do we supose you are using the stable version and not the beta? Wich version?

Please, next time use a better title, it would help good guys wich use the search button Wink
Jan. 17, 2009, 02:02 AM
RE: Chrome Browser - Request for Sidki
Que tal Inminente,

I use the dev versions for Chrome, so it changes more often. But it did not work either with the stable versions of this browser.

I don't know if this has to do with java on my machine and chrome not recognizing, but according to Chrome my java is enabled:
http://screencast.com/t/KJbfvZ6sIEs

Anyways, I have disabled Chrome from using proxomitron until there is a fix for this browser.
Jan. 17, 2009, 03:02 AM
I recently tried many browsers for various reasons, and I found the little green+white Prox circle+triangle didn't appear on a few of them. This was using the previous config from 2008. I seem to recall Google Chrome was indeed one of the browsers.
I know the above isn't really any help, except to say I don't think it's to do with the new config specifically.

I've never understood why sometimes we can see it and other times not. I guess it's to do with javascript but I have no idea.

I generally only use it anyway to confirm I am indeed surfing through Prox, by clicking on the webpage and hoping to see it appear. (Not in Sidki's Minimal Mode though, for some reason)

Lee
Jan. 17, 2009, 03:15 AM
Linkodz, muy bien gracias, aqui estamos Wink

I remember losing that icon sometimes and i used to solve that scrolling in the page up and down or reloading to see the triangle again. It figure out it only needs javascript, but not java.
Jan. 17, 2009, 03:53 AM
Thanks for your replies guys, I had similar problems before with the previous stable config on Opera browser and kind of asked for the same help on castlecops and sidki will always fix it.
Now I don't know how to use the debug thingy in proxo but will soon post a screenshot.

@Inminente,

scrolling ^ v doesn't solve it, neither reloading the page.

Yes, the icon shows by some javascript code in proxo.

soy de suramerica you?
Jan. 17, 2009, 04:10 AM
To debugging go to the log window and tick the "HTML Debug info"

I'm from Europe, Spain, so imagine how late it's here, 5am i think i need to sleep...
Jan. 17, 2009, 04:36 AM
Yes indeed, you need some sleep.... how life is huh? Where I live it is 11:30pm getting sleepy also.

I been reading in the chrome forums, and I believe the reason why I can't see the proxo menu is that Chrome uses something called V8 and it is a different engine to handle javascript.

As you guys may have noticed I am no expert but a big fan of sidki's filters. Web development is not my strenght and I can only bring problems instead of solutions.

Thanks for your time reading and hopefully Sidki or Kye-U can respond to this thread with a clearer answer to my thread and understanding.
Jan. 17, 2009, 09:40 AM
Chrome doesn't run in Windows 2000, which happens to be my OS.
Can someone else look at this (defunct Flash toggle, missing Prox menu)?
And yes, it must be JavaScript related.
Jan. 17, 2009, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: Jan. 17, 2009 02:14 PM by linkodz.)
You still run 2000? Wow, I thought I was running old XP and kind of want to move on to 7. Did you ever try XP sidki?

How can I help you, I run XP where do I look? I try debug page, but it gives me a 'view source' kind of page with lots of everything ( filters being used, and who knows what else )
I got good news:

I try latest grypen filterset and with his configuration the proxo menu javascript shows up:
http://screencast.com/t/VNty4JUIQJJ

This tells me Chrome is reading javascript fine, the problem is it can't read sidki's code.
Jan. 17, 2009, 03:08 PM
(Jan. 17, 2009 02:08 PM)linkodz Wrote:  You still run 2000? Wow, I thought I was running old XP and kind of want to move on to 7. Did you ever try XP sidki?

lol, yes, XP used to be my main OS for 18 months (and Vista for 3 months).

Quote:I got good news:

I try latest grypen filterset and with his configuration the proxo menu javascript shows up:
http://screencast.com/t/VNty4JUIQJJ

This tells me Chrome is reading javascript fine, the problem is it can't read sidki's code.

Good! You could just stick to Grypen's set then. Remote troubleshooting always is a bit painful.
Jan. 17, 2009, 04:37 PM
I guess I can use his set for Chrome, and yours when I use Opera. With Grypen's set toggle-flash filter works also.

If you show me how to troubleshoot, what to look for I can help you do that!

I really hope somebody can find a fix sooner as I always have used your set sidki3003.
Jan. 19, 2009, 06:11 PM
Okay, some success. Smile! I've installed Chrome (1.0.154.43) in a virtual machine.
Besides a screenshot, i'll attach the one changed webfilter, and the modified Proxomitron script.

That should get you started - or anyone else who wants to have Prox menu/toggles/flyovers working in Chrome.
I guess there's more to fix. Chrome's DOM Inspector / JS console hybrid (Ctrl+Shift+J) is helpful. I haven't tried the debugger.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  GChrome.jpg (Size: 112.64 KB / Downloads: 641)
.txt  final-js_1-19.txt (Size: 4.16 KB / Downloads: 590)
.js  proxjs-full.js (Size: 66.63 KB / Downloads: 559)
Jan. 19, 2009, 09:17 PM
Also...

Attached File(s)
.txt  initial-js_1-19.txt (Size: 2.21 KB / Downloads: 536)
Jan. 19, 2009, 09:26 PM
Sidki, you're just awesome Wink
Visit this user's website